new corn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2010 :  21:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey i want to buy a corn snake but i want it to just be easy and cheap whats the best way ?

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2010 :  22:03:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the best way? the best way to get a corn is to research it and then go and talk to a rep shop or a breeder who knows about corns so that you totally understand the requirements,
corns are easy to keep and if you get the set up right then your smiling if you get a hatchie then you will usually be advised to get a small faun for them with plenty of hiding spaces in (loo rolls and small boxes are best as they can easily be replaced), a heat mat outside the viv with a stat to regulate the temperature, a water bowl and a digital thermometer

feel free to ask any questions you might have, also have a read of our care sheet - its got all the need to know info on it

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  05:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mason. HannahB is right and I have also answered this really in my welcome post to you.

I think the main thing is to do your research and realise what it is you are taking on....cost at the beginning; time to handle, feed and clean; cost of feeding; cost of new set-ups as the snake grows; cost of vet if there is a problem and finally the fact that your corn could be with you for the next 20 years.

I guess it is a bit like the saying 'a puppy is for life and not just for Christmas'.

Please dont think I am trying to put you off because I think they are amazing to have and I would certainly recommend them as a pet. You just need to go into it with your eyes open.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000