FIRST SHED!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  22:03:53  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

I just looked into Cinders' RUB and there's one whole snakeskin just hanging off the fake vine! Soooooo happy and soooo surprised. I wasn't sure if she was in shed, she looked faded then brighter again but her eyes didnt go milky at all :S is that normal?

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  22:33:34  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice!
Happy for you..!
As for the milky eyes, they get milky earlier, for 3-4 days and before the shed, they clear up!
Maybe you didn't notice..!
Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  22:36:37  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If id known she was in shed i wouldnt have had her out today. although she didn't seem at all grumpy. I turned around to see a bright little snake face peering at me while the rest of her slithered out of her skin. It was AWESOME I am officially in love with snakeys

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  22:41:41  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's a special moment to remember

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  22:57:12  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by josh9961

I turned around to see a bright little snake face peering at me while the rest of her slithered out of her skin. It was AWESOME I am officially in love with snakeys

Now i'm gonna go and cry!
I haven't seen Spaghettino shed yet..
I bet it's amazing..
Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  23:00:11  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It scared me a little, I saw a snake shape that wasnt red and thought something had gone wrong with Cinders

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  23:02:40  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hahaha!
That's funny..!
I can imagine that happening to me!
Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  23:10:44  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was all jumpy and shaky and trying not to tear it while i untangled it from the leaves.

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  00:46:56  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Her eyes probably did go milky and you just didn't notice. What morph is cinders?

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  04:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is great news Josh....and I am so pleased that you got to see the last part, it really is amazing to watch.

I am surprised you didnt realise she was due a shed as she isnt an amel so her eyes probably would have gone cloudy, but maybe she spent a couple of days hiding....especially if she had fed recently, and it was during that time that her eyes went cloudy and cleared up. Having said that Silvesta feels like he is due a shed, his scales are very rough, but his eyes havent gone cloudy and his colours havent dulled yet....so maybe the same thing will happen to me!

I know what you mean about trying to get the shed out of the viv afterwards, Kellog is 4'6" so it is a lot of shed to untangle and his last shed was perfect....the last thing I wanted to do was damage it getting it out, but it was wound round half of his viv....through plants, round branches and one of his hides....and all he wanted to do was get out of the viv! And their shed skin feels so weird before it dries out - remind me of a comment GP made in which she compared it to something....

Have you measured it to see how long she is? If you do, then you need to subtract 10% to allow for the stretching.

Cant wait to see pics of a bright, shiny Cinders!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  12:43:13  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yuck I got greeted this moring with a post shed mega poop. How can such a small animal make such a big poop?

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  01:52:23  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol haha i remember when max shed he decided to leave abit of poo in the shed.... lol thats my boy

but that must of been great 2 c 4 u... i remember the 1st time i ever saw one of my snakes shed i was amazed n just wanted her (Shikira) 2 do it again lol.. n as 4 gettin the shed out... sometimes im sure they make it imposs 2 get it out in one piece... cheaky lil devils lol ;)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000