Case (viv) Mod
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  18:31:55  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So im looking at Milkys viv and i notice its a tad hot and the airs a bit stale there are vents but not much airflow, and the thought occurs to me, wouldnt be that different to cooling your pc down essentially the same thing (it gets to hot it dies) so i went up to my store of parts (in this case one of my room mates who just happened to have upgraded his heatsync fan) and started splicing some wires together, managed to get a working plug out of the setup (used a spare USB wire spliced that into the fan wiring plugged the usb jack into a wallplug with a usb that JRDN used for one of his phones) and we were away, Screwed it onto the side vent on the OUTSIDE so snakie didnt get tempted to stick her toungue in there, screwed the bit that adjust the speed of the fan on the the side of the viv and bam adjustable airflow, or vivaircon as i like to call it. Who knew a degree in computer games design would help out with the snakies PWNED

(in the pic it looks like the fan is the wrong way its like a big scoop that pulls air from the sides and forces it out the front through the vent)

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  18:35:33  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice idea, how high up is the vent/ fan? Don't want it too draughty on milky.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  18:39:06  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've done a similar thing in the past, a PC powersupply fan screwed onto the back of the vents.

Good idea they are, if you have to much heat.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  19:26:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one. I did the same thing last summer when is was boiling.

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1802&SearchTerms=pc,fan

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  20:19:36  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice thread matty, tis a good idea.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  22:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have pc fans attached to the vents of all my vivs for hot days

dogs:1.1.0 cookie, scrappy
rabbit:0.1.0 bluebell
beardies:1.1.0 spike, sunshine
corns:1.0.0 sid
Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  21:53:14  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
vent is almost at the roof lol and theres no wind as such in there just when you open the viv its fresh not that kinda stale woodchippy smell :)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

100 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  22:07:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's fantastic!

I was only thinking about this the other day while pondering over the crestie setup I'm likely to be doing in the next couple of months. Good to know that others have done it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000