Satirical video :P
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  17:56:10  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Too funny satirical video about all the urban leggends about snakes eating children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he6O9nZ3CZs&feature=related

Attention: This is NOT real news! It's just satire..!

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  04:23:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cannot believe some people take that as serious!

I wont comment on specific parts as I dont want to ruin it for anyone else - but to be honest it is pathetic....and what makes it worse is the bad reputation it gives snakes and snake keepers - it may just be seen as funny by some but am afraid that I just see it as sad and sick .

xxx

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  09:30:34  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

it may just be seen as funny by some but am afraid that I just see it as sad and sick .

Really? If there is such a possibility, it's better if a mod deletes the topic. I didn't think it would be anything but funny..
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  10:20:02  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I find it funny, but then thats because I'm used to the 'onion's sense of humour.

They generally take people's fears and blow them up to something so disproportionate that it takes the utter **** out of the fear itself.

if you can make people laugh, or at least see how ridiculous a fear is, they can start to overcome it.

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  10:42:43  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

They generally take people's fears and blow them up to something so disproportionate that it takes the utter **** out of the fear itself.

if you can make people laugh, or at least see how ridiculous a fear is, they can start to overcome it.

That's the whole point! Even if you start watching it as real news, they say things so absurd that you just can't believe them..!
I would say a few lines, just to see how obviously fake it is, but i don't wanna spoil it!

Edited by - mozacchio on 08/04/2010 10:43:25
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  12:25:23  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

I find it funny, but then thats because I'm used to the 'onion's sense of humour.

^^^^^
THIS

I have been following the Onion for quite some time and although the humour can be quite dark sometimes I don't think it could be mistaken for serious news, there are other things on there which also prove why it's entertainment. The breaking news bit they had a while back about 'Bears pooing in woods" was brilliant.

Maybe it's not for people who are easily offended as they do swear sometimes, but in all honesty I wouldn't of said that needed a warning.
In a lot of ways if people think it's serious, then good. It'll only make sure they know the potential that a big burm or retic could have.
There are still a lot of people out there getting the larger or more dangerous snakes because they are seen as a status symbol.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  04:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mozacchio

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

it may just be seen as funny by some but am afraid that I just see it as sad and sick .

Really? If there is such a possibility, it's better if a mod deletes the topic. I didn't think it would be anything but funny..

Dont worry Electra....it is just I am one of those people that Kehhlyr hates !

....And it was my first experience with Onion, so for a newbie it is not surprising I had that reaction .

I do have a sense of humour (I promise ), but just find something along those lines sick humour rather than funny humour. I can handle swearing without a problem and 'dirty' humour as well....I guess it is just when it comes to kids dying that I have a problem seeing the funny side ....but then that is just my very personal opinion and I know that most people will probably react differently. Taken in the right way of course it is funny, but I just dont see that it is something to joke about.

And what Kehhlyr said about it putting people off getting large snakes as a status symbol is very true - if they are stupid enough to think that having a large snake will make them look tough then they are probably stupid enough to believe the video is true !!! (*bad bitchy Kellog* )

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  11:42:28  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HAHAHAHAHAHA, aaaw, we're all allowed opinions! :D

I have head actual cases where parents have kept pythons when they've had babies, and Personally I think that although you might be attatched to your snake, if you have one that sees babies as prey, you'd be better off giving it to a friend, or shop yuo trust, or zoo etc, than have your baby snaffled up. (IMHO anyhew!)

but at least this will make people think.....maybe....!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: