temporary hide ideas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  18:14:06  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey guys, ive just clean mysterys viv and took out all rough items to help his skin heal. (vet isnt sure what the cause is, nor my local pet store, he is on antibiotics). more to the point. i need to create some temp hides for him. any advice on what i can use?

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  18:28:23  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Toilet rolls, boxes. My snake's love boxes, they prefer them to nice expensive hides, I just cut a mousey shaped hole in mine and if you have any plastic microwave meals use the plastic from that once washed and cut a mouse hole in it. Plant pots are also good or if your snake is really tiny, use yoghurt/chocolate moose pots.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  18:35:09  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yup, just have a little look in your cupboards and things. Yoghurt pots, boxes, toilet or kitchen roll tubes, pringles tubs.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  18:48:07  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks, will start raiding bits from my house. thanks ;)
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  18:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if hes small enough you could use those innocent smoothie boxes, the ones that have 4 smoothies inside, i use them in my royals vivs and they seem to like them

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kare
Egg

86 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  19:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have cut one plant pot in 1/2 to make two hides for my Rub which is awaiting my first snake.
Will be waiting a while though I have decided to get an African Pygmy Hedgehog first.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  19:21:27  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OOOOHH Coconut as well! My dad just handed me 2 halves with little holes in it.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Nazzle
Hatchling

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  21:40:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get broken pots free from the local garden centre. Even if they've been broken in half, after sanding them down they can lean next to the wall leaving a little gap at the front. My big boys seem to prefer them to anything else I've bought or made! I've also made my own coconut hides, drill a hole into the coconut first, then cut in half through the middle of the hole and you have two new hides. If it's a hatchling I cut toilet roll tubes in half lengthways to make two, snugger hides. I usually half bury them so there is only one entrance.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  22:52:26  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have toilet roll tube hides in all my fauns. Its only casper who dosn't use them. She just burries herself where ever she feels or uses the caves.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  00:11:23  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
u cant use pringle tubes the snake may not like salt and vinegar flavour ones lol

i never thought bought using them do have some toilet rolls and kitchen roll tubes in viv but snake prefers the hides or more to the point prefers to stay under aspen lol

Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  01:25:37  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
used an old mobile fone box and a delivery box lol. took all the tape off them. im on kitchen paper at the mo till his skin recovers!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  02:10:34  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
With pringle tubes, fill with some sand and give a good shake out, then leave somewhere to air out for a few days, and that should be it.
Trio loves his Barbecue flavour pringle tube.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  02:33:41  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my lil ns seem 2 like egg boxes lol scooby n twilight have one n they love it, always sleep in there :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  08:07:51  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I made one out of a chinese take-away box the other day, and smoothed down the edges with an emery board (nail file) x)

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

103 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  20:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to suggest the same as Crazy JJ, egg boxes would work a treat.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000