New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  21:02:24  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If I am to 'retrieve' another corn this year I want it to be one of the following many x) Focusing on the word 'many' lol. Hopefully you guys can help?

Amel Stripe
Amel Motely
Caramel Cube
Anery Stripe
Charcole
Carolina Motely
Lavander

Haha, yes a LOT of morphs to choose from.

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  21:05:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Id go for amel stripe or lavender, there some of ones i want next lol

1.0 butter motley, 0.1 anerythristic, 1.1 reverse okeetee, 0.1 caramel, 1.1 creamsicle, 1.0 normal, 1.0 Lavender, 0.1 Amber, 0.1 Classic stripe, 1.0 Blizzard, 0.1 Amel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Rootbeer, 0.1 Charcoal, 1.1 Nelsons Milk Snake, 0.1 Brazillian Rainbow Boa, 0.1 royal python, 0.1 boa constrictor, 1.1 ribbon snake, 0.1 ornate flying snake,0.l leopard gecko, 1.0 Central American Banded Gecko, 3.2 cats

Wish list:-tessera, amel stripe, caramel motley, candy cane, loves okeetee......
Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  21:14:45  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Tally:

Amel Stripe IIII
Amel Motely
Caramel Cube
Anery Stripe
Charcole
Carolina Motely
Lavander III

*To be updated as we go along

Edited by - Lilpunk on 02/04/2010 14:35:41
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  21:33:08  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lavender or Carolina Motley

Edit - Since you already have a carolina Lavander.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 29/03/2010 21:33:52
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  22:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just to let you know that cubes can be pretty hard to come by.. selective breeding and then people dont want to give them away if they only get one in the group of hatchlings

get what u want though - dont base it on what we suggest
although i do like lavenders..

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  22:26:58  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'll go with lavender, too!
Hannah is right though..
Don't base your decision on what we like..!
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  22:31:01  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

just to let you know that cubes can be pretty hard to come by.. selective breeding and then people dont want to give them away if they only get one in the group of hatchlings

get what u want though - dont base it on what we suggest
although i do like lavenders..

Would also expect them to be pretty pricey.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  22:51:38  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I say butter but it's not on your list so...Amel Stripe

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  23:31:00  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
amel stripe! ....but i'm biased cos they're one of my faves :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  01:08:22  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol amel stripe or lavender... lavender is on my wish list n amel stripes r gawjus n thats what scooby is so thats my vote :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  05:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would definitely go for one of these 3 -

Caramel Cube
Anery Stripe
Charcoal.....

but then I am biased against amels (not in a bad way, just a personal preference)....

Would also have added these 2 -

Butter
Caramel

But again, that is just what I like !

It would be just my luck that the one I like best, the Caramel Cube, would be so hard to come by and expensive!

But Lil, you have to go by your own feelings and what they are when you see the snake - dont go all tunnel visioned on a particular morph! If people did that imagine the amount of 'normals' and aneries that would be missed that are actually absolutely stunning!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  06:29:10  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, I'm not going to base my decision on what you guys think, but I like them all in equal measure, I'm just looking to get rid of a few of the ones I don't like quite as much.

I actually know of somewhere close to here, that sell Caramel Cubes quite regularly for a very reasonable price and the snakes are in good health - but as you know, predicted offspring aren't quite as reliable as the actual results They are £30 from where I'm looking, very very good value I think.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  12:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilpunk

Don't worry, I'm not going to base my decision on what you guys think, but I like them all in equal measure, I'm just looking to get rid of a few of the ones I don't like quite as much.

I actually know of somewhere close to here, that sell Caramel Cubes quite regularly for a very reasonable price and the snakes are in good health - but as you know, predicted offspring aren't quite as reliable as the actual results They are £30 from where I'm looking, very very good value I think.

Bargain! I paid 40 quid for a caramel het motley

1.0 butter motley, 0.1 anerythristic, 1.1 reverse okeetee, 0.1 caramel, 1.1 creamsicle, 1.0 normal, 1.0 Lavender, 0.1 Amber, 0.1 Classic stripe, 1.0 Blizzard, 0.1 Amel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Rootbeer, 0.1 Charcoal, 1.1 Nelsons Milk Snake, 0.1 Brazillian Rainbow Boa, 0.1 royal python, 0.1 boa constrictor, 1.1 ribbon snake, 0.1 ornate flying snake,0.l leopard gecko, 1.0 Central American Banded Gecko, 3.2 cats

Wish list:-tessera, amel stripe, caramel motley, candy cane, loves okeetee......
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  14:35:23  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
£30 for a caramel cube is very cheap i would have thought, especially since they are selectively bred and you don't see many of them around.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  14:58:38  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If they are selectively bred could there be a higher chance of the hatchling being a product of inbreeding?

Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  15:57:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stripe! I lurve stripes!

zan x
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  16:38:14  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

If they are selectively bred could there be a higher chance of the hatchling being a product of inbreeding?

Its possible in theory but they say that inbreeding the first 2-3 generations dosn't do any harm to the offspring, its further inbreeding that goes wrong.

I guess to get cetain morphs they probably had to be inbred at some point.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  16:55:05  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

Its possible in theory but they say that inbreeding the first 2-3 generations dosn't do any harm to the offspring, its further inbreeding that goes wrong.

I've heard about the rule of no more than 5 generations of inbreeding.. to be honest it sounds stupid to me. This kinda rubbish is what has cause the poor wobbly headed spider pythons and probably the stargazing corn snakes.

I know most fist colour morphs were probably a product of inbreeding but I don't see why anyone would do it now as you can probably get the desired colour or effect through unrelated parents with matching genes, just might take longer that all. It just seems sad hat breeders are willing to risk the health of an animal just because of the money a designer animal can bring in.

I think if you can you should get a tessera corn but I imagine they are pricey..

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  17:13:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

I've heard about the rule of no more than 5 generations of inbreeding.. to be honest it sounds stupid to me. This kinda rubbish is what has cause the poor wobbly headed spider pythons and probably the stargazing corn snakes.

I know most fist colour morphs were probably a product of inbreeding but I don't see why anyone would do it now as you can probably get the desired colour or effect through unrelated parents with matching genes, just might take longer that all. It just seems sad hat breeders are willing to risk the health of an animal just because of the money a designer animal can bring in.

I think if you can you should get a tessera corn but I imagine they are pricey..

I wouldnt mind one one of those. Last time i looked at prices, females $1000 and males $1200 somewhere in america which i think is roughly about 500-700 quid each!
Think i will wait a bit lol

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  17:22:15  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Indeed. It should't be long I imagine.

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  17:36:08  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I think this batch of youngsters would be the first inbreeding of a pair x/ Not too keen on it, but seen as it is only the first time, and there is nothing obviously wrong with them, I'll be fine

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000