Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  18:49:48  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
EGGS there are 3 so far! Aahhhh EGGS never really hit till just now lol incubator is at 30 humidity is at 80 ready for them but AAhhhhh EGGS!

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  18:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats
fingers crossed they all hatch ok for you

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  19:03:37  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope so thanks hannah :D

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  19:22:37  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww congrats :3

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  19:49:25  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats, has she layed any more yet?

Is this Jay or Milky who has started to lay?

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  20:13:39  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How great is that! Wow, must be so exciting for you.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  20:23:02  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yea I'm well stoked I'm gonna go back up and check on her in a bit I don't want to upset her to much she was very angry when I went in earlier lol keep her as destressed as possible thanks guys :D pics as soon as I can :)

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  21:05:38  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  22:16:53  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow..!
6 eggs so far, huh?
Nice!!
So jealous..!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  22:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
were up to ten eggs at 10

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  01:05:23  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wow congrats :D
hope they all hatch 4 ya

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  02:17:37  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We ended up with 18 eggs night all

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  05:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Late night for you Aarron, but well worth the wait by the sounds of it. 18 eggs are great and it is lovely seeing the pic of Jay with the 6 eggs, especially for those of us who have never experienced it and probably never will.

So do you move the eggs to the incubator in the morning or have you already done that?

Hope Jay is ok after her ordeal....she must be exhausted (and so must you, as well as relieved!)

Just Milky to go now, then you have to go through this all again .

xxx

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  08:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In your first post you said 30 and 80? If that's degrees then its a little hot, might be worth dropping to 27.5 - 28, 30 degrees can cause some deformities in babies, and some severe aggressiveness. A friend of a friend incubated at 30 last year, the 1 baby that survived I had, she was lairy as you like, didn't feed well, had a kinked tail and died about 6 months later, all mine that were at 28 were good as gold, males a bit stroppy, but females gentle as anything.
Humidity wants to be as close to 100% as possible without being too wet, much lower and the eggs will dry out and go dimply, which is not good.
Glad you got a good clutch, good luck with them.

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  11:43:09  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yea ill drop the temp down deffo there then i cant get the humidity above 80% tho ill do some experimenting but i dont want to change the temp in there by too much :\

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  11:46:50  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do they all look nice and healthy?

Hope they all hatch good for ya. Must come in handy having experienced breeders like Mike to help you along.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  12:19:01  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yea this place is awesome lol they were all kinda stuck together so i couldnt get a really close look and your not meant to move them that much i just put some card under the vermiculite lifted the whole lot and put them and the vermiculite into the incubator in a little rub(without the card which would rot)but they all seemed fine :)

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  12:28:51  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
have been reliably informed (i am at work at the moment)that jay just drank (we put some reptiboost in her water)for the second time and has just wolfed down a fluff i will offer her a rat pup when i get home as a treat :)

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  16:21:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azzheasman

yea ill drop the temp down deffo there then i cant get the humidity above 80% tho ill do some experimenting but i dont want to change the temp in there by too much :\

What are you using to incubate on? Vermiculite? The best way is soak it then wring out the water so its not dripping, seal the tub with a few air holes along the side and wait. Temp wise the incubation range is between 21 and 33, over 33 will kill the eggs very quickly. The eggs don't do anything for about 48 hours after laying, after that they must never be rotated, its best never to do it anyway.
Its not about whether you want to change the temps, if you incubate too high you will probably end up with deformities, so its your choice. If you don't get the humidity up the eggs will dehydrate and die, very quickly! At 27.5 - 28 degrees the expected period to hatch is 55 days give or take. Get the humidity up, drop the temp to 28 and your laughing.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  16:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to add, if the vermiculite you are using is the same as what's been in the viv for her to lay on, it will be too dry, get another tub, soak vermiculite in warm water and wring it out so it doesn't drip, leave it in the incubator overnight (pref 24hrs) and then transfer the eggs, you won't be able to keep the humidity up without keeping opening the tub and sparaying them, a mistake I made and cost me 20 eggs!

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  18:44:38  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The eggs looked like they have sagged is this normal the humidity is at 90 ish what can I do ?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000