Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  13:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, ive had this corn for 12 years now and i bred him this year.
I think he could be a hypo but not sure, but he has the thin black borders and bronze belly checkers.
Anyone any ideas?

1.0 butter motley, 0.1 anerythristic, 1.1 reverse okeetee, 0.1 caramel, 1.1 creamsicle, 1.0 normal, 1.0 Lavender, 0.1 Amber, 0.1 Classic stripe, 1.0 Blizzard, 0.1 Amel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Rootbeer, 0.1 Charcoal, 1.1 Nelsons Milk Snake, 0.1 Brazillian Rainbow Boa, 0.1 royal python, 0.1 boa constrictor, 1.1 ribbon snake, 0.1 ornate flying snake,0.l leopard gecko, 1.0 Central American Banded Gecko, 3.2 cats

Wish list:-tessera, amel stripe, caramel motley, candy cane, loves okeetee......

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  14:32:42  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks normal to me from that pic.

Hypo would have been relatively rare 12 years ago compared to nowadays.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  14:46:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i did wonder if they were around then, was the answer i was expecting, partly why i asked, just kind of confirmed it. Thank you for your imput

1.0 butter motley, 0.1 anerythristic, 1.1 reverse okeetee, 0.1 caramel, 1.1 creamsicle, 1.0 normal, 1.0 Lavender, 0.1 Amber, 0.1 Classic stripe, 1.0 Blizzard, 0.1 Amel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Rootbeer, 0.1 Charcoal, 1.1 Nelsons Milk Snake, 0.1 Brazillian Rainbow Boa, 0.1 royal python, 0.1 boa constrictor, 1.1 ribbon snake, 0.1 ornate flying snake,0.l leopard gecko, 1.0 Central American Banded Gecko, 3.2 cats

Wish list:-tessera, amel stripe, caramel motley, candy cane, loves okeetee......
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  15:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a fantastic looking "normal" though.

Corns:
1.2 Butter, 1.1 Blizzard, 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Creamsicle, 1.2 Ghost, 1.2 Candycane, 1.2 Candycane - orange, 1.1 Caramel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Carolina stripe, 0.2 Amelanistic, 0.1 Carolina Motley, 1.1 Pewter, 1.0 Lavender

Cornsnake babies: OMGHI! im not even gonna try to keep up ;)

Others:
1.2 Great plains ratsnake (E.emoryi)

1.1 Ball python - Lesser platinum, 1.1 Ball python - Het pied, 1.1 Ball python - High contrast Albino

2.1 Chihuauha mountain kingsnake (L.p.knoblochi)
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  16:49:14  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Polcher

Thats a fantastic looking "normal" though.

Is indeed. A Hypo would be alot lighter.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  17:01:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cracking looking wild type

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  18:33:53  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
he's too dark for hypo.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  15:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's not too dark for a hypo, I have had ones as dark as that, if the belly checkers are not completely black then he is hypo. I had a motley 20 years ago, so its not impossible.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  18:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

He's not too dark for a hypo, I have had ones as dark as that, if the belly checkers are not completely black then he is hypo. I had a motley 20 years ago, so its not impossible.

His belly checkers are not completely black, only the edges. Suppose there one way to test it out, ive got a female crimson which will be ready to breed next spring and seen as they have hypo gene i should get some hypos if he is.
Thanks for all the help

Edited by - n/a on 22/03/2010 18:22:42
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  18:25:09  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

His belly checkers are not completely black, only the edges. Suppose there one way to test it out, ive got a female crimson which will be ready to breed next spring and seen as they have hypo gene i should get some hypos if he is.
Thanks for all the help

thats the only sure fire way to know :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  19:55:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you dont know if he is hypo (which he is) how are you gonna know if the babies are hypo? the way to tell is the same!
Put it this way, if he is normal, he will have complete black belly checkers.
If he is hypo, he will have a bit of black and faded orange belly checkers.
Why dont you post a pic of his belly!?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  20:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

If you dont know if he is hypo (which he is) how are you gonna know if the babies are hypo? the way to tell is the same!

Arn,t the babies suppose to be more redder then normal corns?
Ive no experience with hypos but ive got the charles pritzel morph guide and says belly checkers arnt always definate indicator but colour of babies is easier to tell than adults.
Im not sayin its not a hypo but main reason i was asking to start with was because of his age.
Whats best way to test for it you know?
I will try and get pic of belly on soon, need to take pic first.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  20:59:48  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

how can you be so sure, unless you know what the parents are and you've seen 'normal' siblings to compare to?
Not all normals have completely black chequers, it can vary hugely.

IMO I think its definetly easier to see in hatchlings which are normal and which are hypo, most noticable after the first shed

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  21:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here is pic of his belly.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  21:49:06  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They are washed out a bit, but i would still say normal Carolina. I would expect them to be more washed out if it were a hypo.

That said i am no expert.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  07:05:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:

how can you be so sure, unless you know what the parents are and you've seen 'normal' siblings to compare to?
Not all normals have completely black chequers, it can vary hugely.

IMO I think its definetly easier to see in hatchlings which are normal and which are hypo, most noticable after the first shed

Agreed, Normals have such a huge natural variation, it doesn't mean they are genetically different.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  08:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pic says it, I am 100% certain he is hypo. Yes normals vary, but the hypo gene causes the thin to non existant black borders and washes out the belly checkers like that. I have never seen a normal with washed out belly checkers, other than hypo.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  19:46:28  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this is a definate normal, and proven not het hypo:

she doesn't have solid chequers, and also has very thin borders.

hypo also reduces the general blackness and not just the borders, so hypos generally (not always though ) don't have the 'dirty' look.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  20:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Het bloodred??

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  22:25:54  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
she's just a normal normal

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  22:39:27  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've never seen a corn where the colour goes onto the belly like that.

The most i've seen is black and red specs on my bloodreds belly, which i believe can be seen on all bloodreds.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page