Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nazzle
Hatchling

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  21:45:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is any one else spotting big, scary, venomous corns on snakes on a plane? (NOT through choice, I assure you).

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  21:47:17  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
theres milksnakes too,switch it off now lol

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  21:48:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That film is great! *runs to tv*

Go to Top of Page

Nazzle
Hatchling

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  22:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish I could Lee, would need to physically wrestle the remote from the hubby as it's a "great film".

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  22:03:23  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Now i have to watch it just to check!
Nice publicity! xD
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  22:55:51  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep I noitced that to! Corns Kings Milks!! But i have to laugh at the coputer generated ones, im still trying to work out what they are! Also the big one that falls throught the glass, whats it ment to be?? And it had some teeth on it didn't it!
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  22:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The big one was supposed to be a burm or an afrock, cant decide which.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  23:16:16  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That is an absolutely terrible film lmao.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  23:21:29  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've seen this before but my sister did come in to tell me it was on.

My gosh the CG was terrible. There was some very funny moments in that film, not intentional probably.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  00:01:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was wondering when this topic will come up.
I await it every time that snakes on a plane is on, it's a brilliantly rubbish film (you know what I mean)
I watch it every time it's on to do a count up of how many snakes I see are the same as what I've got.

I got to 9 this time.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  04:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didnt watch it this time round....tried to convince OH as he hasnt seen it before but he wasnt interested . I know exactly what you mean about it being brilliantly rubbish, Kehhlyr!!

You say about the CG on it....but it was made in 2006 and things have moved on HUGELY since then!

This scene just made me laugh when I saw it and then I found this quote about it: Imagine that you have sex on the plane and sudenly snakes attacks you what you will do ???off curse nothing because you will be died. (apologies for the terrible English....but I had to quote it accurately!)

xxx

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  08:14:59  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

That is an absolutely terrible film lmao.

im with danny on this one,your all just sucked in by the snake,one of the worst films made lol

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  08:19:28  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's still teerible CG. I mean, look at toy story and Jussiacic Park for their time and they sill manage to compete with CG today. I know he film was low budget but it's like the poeple who worked n the CG just didn't care or get enough refrences of snakes.

That naughty milk snake watching people have sex... tsk tsk and I thought my Venom was bad for peeping out when I clean my room.

"During filming, Jackson did not come into contact with any live snakes, due to a contract clause preventing snakes from being within 25 feet (8 m) of the actor."
There's contracts for these kinda things, really? It's not like any of the snakes were dangerous XD.

Go to Top of Page

Kare
Egg

86 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  11:29:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can just see it now though, some prop person misquoting that American snakes rhyme as something like red on yellow, theres a nice a fellow, and handing the lead actor a venomous Coral snake instead ofthe tribanded Milk snake he had planned. Think I would likely try to avoid them too, as I always say when checking both ways on a one way system, never put your wellbeing at risk by assuming the next person you meet will not be a moron.

Edited by - Kare on 15/03/2010 11:30:26
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  12:53:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Twilight watched it with me - don't know if he was scared but he did stay in my sleeve the whole time. I saw a very terrifying Anery slither by. I couldn't bear to watch it through to the end though as the acting was as terrible as the effects.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

dean54321
Egg

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  15:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i noticed that yesterday whilst watching it and thought5 what the hell have they made corns and milks viscious 4 . but had to klaugh at how fake the computer generated ones looked
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  18:37:15  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
But to see it from a non-snake lovers view, or someone with no knowledge of snakes is different.
My missus asked me about trio when she saw the cali king biting someone and envenoming them.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  04:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am afraid that I definitely see it as a spoof and think it was made as one - if they made it as a film that was supposed to be taken seriously then they failed miserably !!

But Kehhlyr makes a good point - we, as snake lovers, find it hilarious/pathetic but those who may not be so comfortable with our slithery friends will just have their fears confirmed. Very bad press for snakes....and even for our little corns, milks and kings.

But then what about Anaconda? Would those scared of snakes watch that and assume all snakes were as dangerous?? What did Jaws do for sharks and Arachnophobia for spiders?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  17:10:44  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Arachnophobia is a documentary.

may not be true

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  18:07:18  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Am afraid that I definitely see it as a spoof and think it was made as one - if they made it as a film that was supposed to be taken seriously then they failed miserably !!

I first read this as "I am definitely going to see the spoof made one" Got me all hyped up there XD If I was on that plane, I would probably try picking up the snakes and see if they would like a tickle under the chin. I think everyone knows hat non of those snake's in that film were dangerous and any "snakes" that did do anything were so obviously fake.

I think if anything films like Arachnophobia and Jaws taught people to be respectful and be more careful in areas where these animals live. I think most people just see Snakes on a plane as a laugh fest because if Samuel Jackson XD

On the subject of scary snake films, Has anyone seen the boa or python films? I haven't but looking at boa vs. python and how they both look exactly the same only ons bright red and the other is bright blue looks entertaining. And what about the Anaconda films, the first one was ok but the sequels... well why did they bother?

Edited by - Sta~ple on 16/03/2010 18:10:16
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  18:59:53  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Never been interested in watching that film, its a bit like that one when they float around in the middle of the sea for 90 minutes, never interested inw atching that one either lol

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000