Crestie & Sidney
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  17:22:57  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi folks,
I've been and got my little crested gecko. SO cute. Echo is a flame/harlequin morph (for those of you who might be interested) with one or two dalmation spots coming through. The breeder I got Echo from has an awesome setup and some super cresties. Now I just need to settle her/him (too young to sex yet) and make sure he/she eats ok.
Sidney came out of his hide today while I changed his water and checked round his viv. His little tongue was flicking away, taking it all in. While he was out of the hide I just patted my hand gently over the substrate in there to leave my scent. He seems fairly calm about me going in the viv atm. Wonder how he will react tomorrow when I scoop him up? I hope he won't freak too much, bless him

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  17:26:37  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck with Sidney!
And a welcome for Echo!
Go to Top of Page

dinner83
Hatchling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  17:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good luck

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  04:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant wait to see pics of Echo and Sidney. Never seen a flame/harlequin morph before....that I know of!

Hope Echo settles in ok and feeds well.

Try running your hands through substrate every time you change Sidney's water - as though you were searching for poo. This way you are getting your smell into his viv on a more permanent basis. It is great that he is calm about you going in to his viv....good sign for when you do handle him (although I actually know that you have already had a sneak handle , probably after this post! So I know he didnt freak out too much and was in fact a perfect 'gentlesnake'!)

xxx

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  05:04:12  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, whatever do you mean ;0..... In all honesty I really haven't touched Sidney until a few hours before midnight when the week was up!! That's the truth.....mind you I'm finding it impossible to leave him alone now :) He makes it hard to put him down when he gives a lovely hand massage, then sneaks in and curls round my hand, tucked in my sleeve, to keep warm and have a nice rest!! How can I disturb him?

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000