Drinking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  17:20:33  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Caught Reggie out for a quick dip and a drink earlier on. First time ive seen him do either lol.

Plus hes getting a silvery, milky sheen to him so looks like he is getting ready to shed. He last shed on the day i bought him which was 23/01/10

I also found a very temporary solution to him not having a thermostat last night. I turned the heat mat on and put a few lego bricks underneath left it for half an hour whilst i was in the room and keeping an eye on it, it gradually went over 31 degrees so i doubled up the lego blocks and it stayed at a very steady 26.5 degrees. It dropped through the night as my room got colder, clocked it at 23 degrees and then gradually warmed up again. For the past 3 hours or so it has slowly fluctuated between 26.9 and 27.1 so aslong as i keep a close eye on it i think it should be ok. Will be getting the thermostats hopefully at the start of next week. 888 Reptiles said they would just replace it and would send one out as soon as they recieved the broken one which got sent off yesterday.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  18:49:43  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lucky you!
I haven't seen mine drink yet.. :/
As for the thermostat, good idea..! I would never thought of that!
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  19:49:24  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mozacchio

Lucky you!
I haven't seen mine drink yet.. :/
As for the thermostat, good idea..! I would never thought of that!

It drops and rises depending on temp in room because the mat is putting out as much power as possible. I noticed it started getting quite hot in the room and in turn the tank rose to 28.1 degrees, opened a window a few minutes ago and has now dropped to 27.5, the temperature will probably drop by around 3 - 4 degrees at the coldest point of the night so if i keep my window shut it shouldn't go below around 24 - 25 degrees, which is probably ok for the night time as it will rise again in the morning. I was pretty happy with the result, 2 lego blocks high is just enough it seems, although it will be different for different mats but as temproary solution not so bad i don't think.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  20:33:01  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was holding Fluffy the otehr day whilst cleaning out his viv and he went for a drink whilst i was holding him, bless him

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  20:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lmfastcars

I was holding Fluffy the otehr day whilst cleaning out his viv and he went for a drink whilst i was holding him, bless him

Kellog does that regularly when I return him to the viv, usually with his head just in the viv and me holding the weight of his whole body !! And I was so pleased that Silvesta did it for the 1st time last week....which must show his growing trust.

It is amazing to watch....and even more amazing to feel.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  22:14:25  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love it when they drink! Mine have a habit of sneezing and opening their mouths wide open after they have one. It's so funny when they have a little water droplet under their chin after they drink XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  10:52:06  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:

It is amazing to watch....and even more amazing to feel.

xxx

haha yeah it is, his little jaw moves, puts me in a good mood

Go to Top of Page

jbarnes92
Egg

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  10:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I love it when they drink! Mine have a habit of sneezing and opening their mouths wide open after they have one. It's so funny when they have a little water droplet under their chin after they drink XD

Ha yeah mine always drinks when i hold her above her bowl in her faun and sometimes sneezes, makes me laugh, actually pretty sweet

Lowestoft, Suffolk

Hunter - Jungle Carpet Python
3 Corn Snakes
Murphy - Black Labrador [ R.I.P ;( ]
Meg - Black Labrador
Rhea - Sprocker Spaniel
Jack - Rotty / Labrador
Trigger - Tabby Cat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly