Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  13:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Steve, sorry i have only just found this.

I'm so glad xena is coming on really well and looking great, i love the spanner marking on her head, it is so cute.
Sorry to hear wotsit hasn't been well but glad he is on the mend, you obviously have the healing touch.

Steve is going onto fluffs on Saturday, can't believe where the time has gone, he has just shed for the 3rd time now and weighed in at 24g last Sunday, I have tried to measure him and at the last time he measured about 19 inches, not sure what he is now although i compared his first shed with the last one and it was double the thickness!!
Totally agree about the club. lol

Dawn.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  15:49:35  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Funny that Dawn I got a fluff delivered last night to see how big one looks and i dont think it will be long before xena is on them. The pinky she had last week wasnt far off.
The good news is Wotsit continues to get better every day and is now almost back to his normal self. Already the words.."Wotsit doing now?" are already resounding in the household lol as he is back to his naughty self. Now all I gotta do is get colin to eat something and normality will prevail. Xena and colin are both due a feed tonight but judging by colins activity levels i will be putting another mouse in the bin tomorrow.

Editted to add: Dawn the best way to measure a snake is measure the shedded skin and deduct 10% for actual snake length.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Edited by - elament on 18/03/2010 15:55:13
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  10:06:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just read your other post so glad Colin has fed, that must be a great weight of your mind!!
Loving the name wotsit it makes me smile, can imagine you out on the street calling him..lol
Steve shed in 3 pieces this last time so it was hard to try and get a proper measurement, will try and measure the 3 pieces and see what it gives me, thanks for that Steve.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  15:59:20  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Dawn let us know how you get on. Xenas last shed was 18" long so she is catching up to steve lol. I think herriotfans sid is the smallest of the three but by the sounds of how he is scoffing it wont be long before he is a chunk like our two lol

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  16:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah he does like his food too, must be a male thing..lol

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  17:21:30  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dunno bout that Xena is female and she can eat for her country

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  18:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She has come along way, need more pics soon if you get chance would love to see her now.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  18:59:30  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
latest ones are on page one of this post dawn I am going to take more soon.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  19:06:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i saw them and commented on her spanner on her head bless her, she is looking lovely.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  19:11:24  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, you'd never believe she is a year old in a couple of weeks would you. Just shows what non eating can do when they are little. Ah well she will catch up when she is ready.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  19:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With you looking after her Steve i'm sure she will come on in leaps and bounds and will soon over take my Steve..lol

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  20:21:48  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt that dawn your steve is a fair bit bigger.
Dunno if you know her story but she was basically labelled a problem feeder by an unscrupulous shop and left in a tub in a corner of the shop to die. She was nine months old when a mate of mine was given her by the shop basically to get rid. He force fed her a couple of times and kick started her feeding before he handed her over to me. Those two force feeds were the first time she had eaten her whole life. As a result she is really underdeveloped but now she has the right enviroment and is basically left alone (apart from being handled a few times a week) she has come on leaps and bounds. She is a lot more confident now she has her own space and feels secure so I must be doing something right but i fear she may end up stunted by her start in life. Dont matter to me how big she gets her personality far exceeds her modest proportions lol

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  20:40:53  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You don't have to be big to be beautiful!!!!!! She sounds, and looks, just the job :)

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  20:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have done a great job Steve and she must really trust you to have got this far!! Well done.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  23:30:07  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks but to be fair I aint done much. I think all she needed was her own home where she wasnt going to be messed with too often. Seems to have done the trick.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000