Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  09:31:15  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

I thought those of you that knows of my warrior princess would like to know that last night she shed for the second time in my care and the skin came off entirely in one piece eyecaps tail tip the lot. She seems to shed like clockwork goes pale one day clear again the next and the next night she sheds. The skin measured 18" so if i am right that makes her about 16.5 inches long 3 inches longer than she was 5 weeks ago.
She is now on one large pinky every 6 days. I previously had her on one small and one medium for a little while to get her ready for the large which she can now cope with.
She is now nearly always bright and alert and has no trouble lording it in her viv in plain sight of anyone. So I think its safe to say now she is well out of the woods.
Thats one animal brought back from the dead I just have to hope for the same result with my cat who has been knocking on heavens door for a week now after finding out last saturday he had a blocked urethra and was minutes away from death. We have had a right rollerocaster ride this week with him being near death one minute then improving and so on.
Ah the joys of pet owning (he says as he looks at a bill for £300) LOL

Cheers

Steve

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  09:48:59  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear about Xena, but hope your cat pulls through too.

What's the vet said about his chance of pulling through?

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  09:59:48  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Still touch and go at the moment to be honest he having to go to the vets twice a day to have his bladder expressed as he dont seem to be able to wee on his own but its still early days.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  10:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is fantastic news about Xena, Steve. I am so glad she has done a full clean shed with you and that she has so obviously grown so much.

It is hard to remember the terrible state she was in when she came to you and the terrible situation she came from, both originally and the temporary one before she was finally re-homed with you. It really does go to show how important a true understanding of good snakesmanship (if there is such a word!!) is....because so much of her improvement has been down to being treated properly and the hard work you have done in researching what she needed.

And it is true that she is living up to her name - a warrior princess!

I am so sorry about your cat and I do hope that your vet is able to do what is necessary to solve the problem....and if they cant that you and your wife can come to the necessary decision with the vet's support.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  11:59:04  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i'm happy for Xena! :)
As for your cat.. Fingers crossed.. :/
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  13:37:47  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is Xena's latest pic in which you can see how much bigger she is

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  13:42:05  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  14:06:22  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is colins latest

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  18:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Colins a cutsie. That is such a nice pic. Xena's a charm too.

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  09:45:34  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks GZ I am getting lots of photo opportunities with Colin at the moment as he is in his very active and not eating phase lol

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  04:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you put in the pic of Colin, wouldnt want him feeling left out ! He is looking good.

Cant believe how wonderful Xena looks. She is definitely looking bigger and filling out, and her colours are lovely. She is also obviously very laid back and happy being handled, which is also great to see.

What news on Wotsit?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  08:37:21  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The news on Wotsit is.........woke up this morning (on mothers day no less) and a major miracle has taken place overnight. Apart from being hammered from the diazepam he is on he is almost back to his old self. He spent the night and morning on our bed cuddling up to his mum and purring for england. I even got him to play for a little while. Its still early days but very encouraging. Keeping everything crossed still but he has a better chance now than he had before.

Cheers
Steve

Edit: Further update: He went to the vets this morning and for the first time in 8 days his bladder did not need expressing which is especially good news as he drank loads yesterday so its looking good
so far

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Edited by - elament on 14/03/2010 10:47:35
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  03:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is amazing news Steve . I bet Jo was in heaven curled up in bed with him.

It is amazing that his bladder seems to not need expressing again at the vets, despite drinking so much. I am also so glad you have such a supportive and understanding vet . I do hope his progress continues....for all of your sakes.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  09:55:08  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Good to hear your snake is doing well...love the pics, super snakes.
What a lovely mothers day pressie for your wife, purry cuddles from the cat! Fingers crossed that this is the start of a strong, full recovery.
Your Xena looks just like my Hissin-Sid except bigger and female! She's really pretty.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  10:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
am really pleased xena is doing so well - shes looking fantastic!!
and thats great news about Wotsit, fingers crossed he continues to improve

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  15:17:49  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone really appreciated. Herriotfan there is another snake on here called steve that is also a ringer for xena maybe we should start an exclusive club lol.
Wotsit went to the vets again today and they are so happy with his improvement they have signed him off till friday so fingers crossed. My wife is obviously over the moon to have him back having spent 7 days hovering at deaths door and is very appreciative of all the well wishes on here.
Thanks people

Steve

edit:sp

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Edited by - elament on 15/03/2010 15:22:12
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  19:49:17  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So glad to hear Wotsit is making a strong comeback. It must be such a relief. Hope it continues xx

Great to see Xena coming on in leaps and bounds too. She is a really gorgeous snake.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  03:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elament

.......Wotsit went to the vets again today and they are so happy with his improvement they have signed him off till friday so fingers crossed. My wife is obviously over the moon to have him back having spent 7 days hovering at deaths door and is very appreciative of all the well wishes on here.......

That is great news and I am so relieved to hear it. I can just imagine how much your wife has missed and worried about him (and you as well!!)

I do hope and pray that when he is checked on Friday that the results continue to be positive.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  08:32:06  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Judith Karen much appreciated. To be honest we both feel emotionally drained. Its been a week of up one minute down the next. There has been a few times he has looked at deaths door and we were convinced he would not make it. Trouble is he is such a big personality (never known a cat with so many ocd's) that when he isnt around it leaves a big hole in the family but he is making a steady recovery so hopefully that will continue. It certainly taught me a lesson that there are more important things in life than worrying about money. They say money makes the world go round but it would not be a world worth living in if it wasnt for the love we get from our partners children and pets and when you are as close to a cat as my wife is loosing him would have been equal to loosing one of the children.
The saying goes live every day like its your last because one day it will be and that is soo true. Cherish what we get from those we love and let everything else take care of itself because it is that love that truly makes the world go round not money not possesions. We may be broken financially now but the love we have in this house cannot be bought with any amount of dosh so I may be poor but I am rich in many other ways.

Cheers

Steve

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  10:20:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elament

.........The saying goes live every day like its your last because one day it will be and that is soo true. Cherish what we get from those we love and let everything else take care of itself because it is that love that truly makes the world go round not money not possesions. We may be broken financially now but the love we have in this house cannot be bought with any amount of dosh so I may be poor but I am rich in many other ways.

Steve, that is beautifully written and so true. Many people could learn from that, but unfortunately dont until it is too late. Bless you for writing it.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  19:32:11  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So true Steve, and so wonderfully put.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000