**** Hitting Fan UPDATE.......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  22:07:36  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He's mine, here and has no name....yet.
Quick work!! No point in hanging about.
Didn't get the viv I bid for so went for a new one from the reptile place. Didn't like the look of the second hand ones. Would rather spend the extra and get my little lad a nice new one.
Came home, got it all set up and running, went and got little one and he's settling in.
This is going to be one very long week........can't wait to show him around our humble abode.
My head is in the clouds, I'm on such a high.
Hubby, bless him didn't hardly moan at all. In fact he sorted out the DIY stuff for me when I got home.
It was meant to be that this was the correct time and the right snake
So after all my research, all my questions (thanks for all the help you've given me) and all that time the proper work now begins. I get to put it all into practise, enjoy the ups and downs of snake ownership.
Still can't believe it......my very own snake
Off to look at the new viv and it's hides
TTFN xx

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  22:43:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news about new snake, and hubby's reaction

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  22:58:46  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats ont he new arrival, you must have been dreaming about this moment for a while now. I know what i was like when i was waiting to get my snake lol.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  00:48:30  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the new arrival your dreams came true wont be long until you get addicted with it and want another then will lead to more. Will wants pics after he/she has settled in , do you know what morph it is ?

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  04:48:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so pleased (and proud) of your hubby's reaction - he must really love you (or you must be really good in the kitchen or elsewhere so he doesnt want to get rid of you ).

I am also so glad your snake is finally home. You have done your research, you got the viv set up and running and then you got the snake you wanted.....finally!! And now you have to wait a week before you can do anything with it !!

But it is reassuring knowing that you have a pretty good idea of what you are doing and that you have the forum to turn to when you need it - that is one very lucky snake!

I cant believe you dont have a name!! I would have thought you would have been dreaming of what you are going to call your snake for these many many months!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  08:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im glad everythin went ok with the oh, as soon as the 7 days is up you know we all want pics how old is your little corn?
paul

dogs:1.1.0 cookie, scrappy
rabbit:0.1.0 bluebell
beardies:1.1.0 spike, sunshine
corns:1.0.0 sid
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  09:47:38  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm so happy for you! I can only imagine how you feel right now, having to wait for so long.. I want to see the little snakie..! I'm so curious! Pics needed! :)
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  13:58:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats
look forwards to seeing the pics

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  14:05:01  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww congrats. I will say if he is little, when you handle him be very careful or he will whiz right out your hands XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  16:21:54  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's always the other half's job to say 'no' and it's always our job to do it anyway - your hubby obvously knows not to argue with a woman. It's the way things should be

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  20:20:09  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Right here we go, update......
First of all I'd thought of lots of names but wanted to see what suited my baby before deciding. Then, despite the fact that they didn't want him, my family have all agreed he has just GOT to be called Hissin-Sid! Not what I would have chosen but I'll go along with Sid/Sidney if it keeps them happy, after all they did give in!!!!!
He's settled under the long log in his viv. I have gently lifted the log, every few hours, just to look and make sure he's ok. I put an old sock, which I tucked in my top yesterday, under the log so he gets used to my scent. He's laid on the sock all day and just moved along to the warm or cool end as he wants. When I've checked on him he's lifted his little head, flicked his tongue a couple of times then I've gently lowered the log again so he can settle again. I hope that's the right thing to do. I read so many conflicting articles when I did my research so I'm going on gut instinct along with the overall results of research!
Hissin-Sid is an Amel corn CB November 2009, so around 4 months old and is currently eating fluffs, one each week. I was given 5 fluffs for the freezer and he will have his first feed from me next Wednesday. I'm going to feed him out of his viv so he won't get viv defensive (I hope) and then he can go straight back in to digest his meal.
Going to let him settle before I take any photos. Then it will be all fun and games trying to get them on here!! I'm no computer buff.....
I kept looking at the viv today wondering when I would wake up, it all seems like a dream still. I'm really pleased I've got him. He was well worth waiting for, bless him.
Hope I've covered everything, if not just ask me! I'm sure I can give you a detailed, minute by minute account if necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Off to check the sock again, hey maybe I should call him Sid-Sox!

Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kare
Egg

86 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  20:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wrote a reply here earlier, but seems to have got lost

Grats on your snake. The fates combined to make all the hurdles so your home would still be there when this snake needed it.

I have already called the snake I have not yet got Socks! My hubbie wants to call it Noodle, wonder if I can get two....?

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  21:32:03  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, that would be cool.....noodox? soxoodle? Or like you say get two!!!
I too believe in karma/fate or whatever you want to call it. Everything happens at the correct time and for the correct reason. We just don't always know or appreciate it!
Off to bed, haven't been able to sleep the last couple of nights, 'cos on such a high, so really tired and need my bed.

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  21:40:48  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Many congrats on your new baby. I can understand what a high you are on. It's really hard to stay away from the viv isn't it. I was really bad and even crawled on the floor once so I could have a sneeky peek without Alice seeing me towering over him in case it stressed him. Talk about neurotic mother lol.
Really looking forward to seeing pics when he has settled in and been fed.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  04:20:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the name Hissin-Sid and think you are right to keep it....and I am so pleased all your family have taken to him. It is obvious that your love of animals has infected them too and once he was there he was there to stay.

One word of warning though, I would cut back on the log lifting!! I am sure Sid is fine and he will settle a lot better without his hide being lifted every couple of hours !

Herriotfan - I am just so pleased for you....and for your family . Its hard to put it into words - although you certainly dont have trouble conveying how excited you are !!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  17:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fab news after you waited so long. I'm really pleased that your family are happy about it to so there is no tension. Welcome Hissin Sid or whomever you turn out to be.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  20:23:11  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone! I've only peeked twice today. This really is going to be a L...O...N...G week!! I haven't told my neice and nephews yet. One of my nephews is animal mad, like me, so it will be super news for him. He will want to know how to look after Hissin-Sidsox (Sidney) and then he will want to come and stay for a weekend so he can see how every aspect of care is undertaken. Matthew's a very responsible child who cares very much about all God's creatures.

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  14:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! I'm so envious. I miss not having my Snickers. I look over at her empty viv and have to remind myself that there is a corn waiting for me in Arizona.[quote]Originally posted by herriotfan
[

Edited by - n/a on 13/03/2010 14:07:49
Go to Top of Page

dean54321
Egg

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  16:00:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so glad to hear you got him after how much u wanted him
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  16:17:28  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats. Today a corn snake then tomorrow a monitor lizard .

quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

It's always the other half's job to say 'no' and it's always our job to do it anyway - your hubby obvously knows not to argue with a woman. It's the way things should be

No it's not!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000