Is somthing wrong
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  16:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had milo for 3 days now on the first day he had a look around his viv then retreated to a rock behind some leaves on the cold side since then he has not moved of that rock i can see him fliting his tounge out so i know he's alive i know he needs time to settle in but is this normal. (P.S. The breeder told me he just came out of shed and has not eaten for two weeks could he be hungry?)

0.0.1 Carolina Corn (Milo)
1.1.0 Staffys (Harley&Penny)

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  16:14:52  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not so sure about him being hungry, how do you know he hasn't moved? Casper and Reggie sit in their cold hide all day, when i go to bed, normly between 11PM and 1AM i check and they still arn't out, but i know that they do come out as i often catch them out if i get up in the middle of the night or i find poo at the back of his faun.

When i frist got Candy she would very often just sit in a corner or on a vine, i think its probably just because they are getting used to their surroundings and stuff.

Do you have hides on both sides of the viv?

Hoe big is your viv and what are the relevant temps?

Hopefully after the week settling in he will take a feed with you. The none feeding may have just been because he was in shed.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  16:19:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the vivs 45cm by 30
temps range from about 23-29
and i have 1 hide each side with loads of vines

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  16:32:40  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Temps are fine and he has enough places to hide so i wouldn't worry about it. Hes in new surroundings with strange smells and noises/ vibrations.

Hey atleast you get to see him, i barely ever see my snakes, accept for when im taking them out. Although i do trick candy I turn my light off in my room for an hour or so then flick it on and she is normly out roaming her tank or sitting on her vine lol.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  16:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds like hes found a comfy spot and is happy to stay there for a bit while he settles in still
like danny said though at least you can see him! i rarely see my snakes out and about..apart from simba when hes trashing the viv!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  19:17:13  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HB i agree with u there i only seen my snake once in last 2 months and that was only luck as he was climbing in his vine. They must know wen we go to bed and they come out to play lol

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  21:30:36  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my marmalade spends most of her time in cold hide even after a feed

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  21:36:11  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

my marmalade spends most of her time in cold hide even after a feed

Reggie and casper do that most of the time. Its only my little one that has any sense i think.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  22:55:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed milo had moved up his vine. lol he just fell off.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  04:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is worrying when you first get your snake and never see it!! It is not what you expect. But you must remember that Milo is still just settling in, and as the others have said, a lot of corns are secretive and spend most of their time hiding. At the moment I only see Kellog when I handle him and I have to get him out of his hide to do that! Silvesta always used to hide away but I have noticed that literally in the last 2 days he has started poking his head out and have caught him out and about a couple of times, although he zips away as soon as he realises he has been spotted.

As long as you have discounted all the problems with your set-up, which you have, then you really dont have anything to worry about. Easy to type, but very hard to do....especially when you are a new owner.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000