Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  04:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Anery hatchling is the coolest and calmest snake in the world. I can't conceive of him striking at me.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  11:30:48  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You could also ask to handle the snake before you bought it, most shops will let you aslong as they havn't been fed within 48 hours.

But even if you do get a nippy snake, they will usually calm down, casper calmed down very quickly after a little bit of confident handling and getting her used to my smell. I think she stopped striking at me around 2 weeks after i got her and considering the first week was hands off i guess thats pretty quick.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 05/03/2010 11:31:42
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  12:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kare

quote:
Originally posted by bengy_s

so IMO the OP's bit about Anery's is not true.

Wasnt really my bit, just what I was told by one bloke. I will not be using their store anyway as although they took time to speak to me the cost of their snakes was shockingly high.

Added to the fact guy there has been quite off with me a few months ago when I asked him about a lizard I had considered in the past because I couldnt remember the name....and because I couldnt remember the name I obviously had not read up on the animal before hand which seemed to make him think I was wasting his time.

I did come straight here and ask doubting what I was told, mainly because I felt if it were true someone here would have mentioned it to me, as an obviously first time handler, getting my first snake, when I said I liked the look of the Anerys.

Yeah my bad english (again) Kare- I meant that what you were told was misinformation; not thats what you think.

Get an Anery though! Seriously, mine has shown no sign of anything you have been told & at 11 years if she was going to she would have done by now. Also as Danny said-if you handle them first (a good reptile shop will let you) it'll give you a chance to more closely see that particular snakes behaviour; not just agression but their general movements, exploration, alertness etc.

Just a thought (cant remember if you mentioned) what area do you live? Maybe someone can suggest a good shop nearby?

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned

Edited by - n/a on 05/03/2010 13:02:04
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: