New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  11:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday was a good day for the reps in my house as they all got either a new home or a makeover!

First, my baby Twilight is now officially growing up as he moved into a 2ft viv and got a nice new log to play with too. He's a real climber and immediately investigated every possible means of escape!

The stuff on the back wall of the viv is the remains of very old tape from the previous owner but there is definitely no glue left. This guy had heatmats taped onto the back and sides of the viv with really strong double sided tape and then all around the edges with another really sticky tape. I worked on the viv for a week to get it all off - hope Twilight appreciates it.

Secondly Saracen got a new and bigger heatmat, a full clean out and disinfect and some new furniture. Usually he hides a lot and doesn't move much around the viv but he spent ages investigating every inch of his new home. He even climbed his new log (he used to have the one Twilight now has although I never saw him use it).

As he's a hider I thought he would really like this fake root system...

I didn't forget Keydo, our Rankins Dragon who is currently brumating. He got woken up for a drink and a bath and a full clean out and disinfect (I had one of those photo backgrounds in his viv but the UV light had made the plastic flake off so I wanted it all cleared out). It was a good job I checked him as he has a lump on his shoulder - I'll post about it on the 'other reps' section in case anyone has any ideas.

Hope you like the setups. If there's anything that looks like it needs changing please let me know. You can't see in Twilight's pic but he does have a hide in the hot end and another in the cool end plus a water bowl. Cheers.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  13:03:22  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
they both look very happy in there new vivs. Nice Fake root btw

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  17:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Saracen's definitely livened up since his redecoration - I call this one Mission Impossible! I was just in time to put the camera down and stop him making a dive underneath the chest of drawers

Go to Top of Page

dinner83
Hatchling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  17:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lucky you. my male managed to get inside our electric fire one night, he was that fast i never stood a chance of catching him, so i had to take the fire apart to get him out and this was at 1030 at night. lol

Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  18:47:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good photos and nice vivs. They can be very fast when they want too.
Sid is still trying to escape from his viv.

Go to Top of Page

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  19:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very nice pics!

I want to get toby a log , but all the ones i`ve saw are dead expensive. How much did ou pay for yours?

tarxxx meg
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  20:28:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Meggi - the one Twilight now has came with the viv but has a sticker on the bottom for £11.99. The one Saracen now has came from a walk in the park, so free! I scraped off all the bark, used a hacksaw on the pointy bits, sandpapered over everything, soaked it in baby sterilising fluid and then thoroughly dried it. It took some time but I'm pleased with the result.

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  20:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice set ups - twilight has grown loads!!!
im always looking for unique branches i can use for the vivs but so far havent found anything i like

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  04:50:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My baby Twilight isnt a baby any more !!!

They are great set-ups you have sorted out for both snakes Sammy....they are very lucky having you as an owner! My OH finds some great wood in our garden luckily so vivs get some lovely looking branches.

Love the pic of Saracen's escape attempt....clever snake using the handles like that! You better keep a very close eye on that one!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000