Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  11:52:42  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
this time my 3 yr old butter male

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  12:14:09  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry to hear that,any idea what happened,any symptoms?

Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  12:35:13  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear x

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  12:48:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw no thats awful Brookie,
dont give up on yourself though hun

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  12:52:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry for your loss. Like the others I have to ask for educational purposes, did you have a warning or did you just find him?
quote:
Originally posted by Brookestar

this time my 3 yr old butter male

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  13:04:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh god, so so sorry Brookie.

I know its easier said than done but stay strong and this awful situation will get better.

RIP to your butter.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  13:05:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear this.

Any idea what the cause of death was?

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  14:52:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Are you having a PM done?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  20:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, this is just so awful. I can't begin to think of what to say to you Brookstar to make you feel better. I am just SO sorry.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  23:58:26  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that brooke, must be a terrible thing to lose a snake.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2010 :  00:18:12  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Aww Brooke Im so sorry to hear that, I really dont know what to say, so I will send some virtual hugs insted (HUGS)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2010 :  01:38:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so sad for you Brooke. "This time"- how many have you lost? I'm sorry; I don't check this section out as often as I should.

At the risk of repeating others; we're all keen to know, for knowledge reasons, the cause and if there was any "notice" or deteriation over time or if it was quite instant?

I'm really shocked by this; there seems to have been an increase in snake deaths on here recently. I hope you don't lose any more if it was some sort of contagious infection.

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned

Edited by - n/a on 19/02/2010 01:40:21
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2010 :  12:09:27  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so sorry hun *hugs* i know how gutting it can be as i lost my first ever snake just before Christmas. luckily i got a PM done for free at work and it was kidney failure

Blessed Be

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2010 :  14:17:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so sorry to hear about your loss. hugs x

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2010 :  15:16:26  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
bengy_s Posted - 19/02/2010 : 01:38:24

I'm so sad for you Brooke. "This time"- how many have you lost? I'm sorry; I don't check this section out as often as I should.

this is the 4th one since christmas

it was a stomach problem apparently, he wasnt feeding for bout 3 months and it was put down to breeding season coming up and not too worry. but then he started losin weight and it was a stomach infection and i got summat to add to his water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2010 :  17:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4! sorry. Is it possible to get the rest checked over for the same thing? It can be very hard to stop cross infection as it could already have occurred before the first one :(

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2010 :  17:42:12  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You're not having much luck are you mate. Been thinking. Have you had them checked for Crypto and such like? What with the leos and now the corns it's the only thing I can come up with that would fit both species. I think it's tested for by sending off a poo sample. I'm sure GP can either elaborate or tell me I'm talking out of my bumhole .

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  13:57:18  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ohhh! cryptosporidium could affect both species and result in death

faecal analysis (poo sample) performed by your vet/vet's lab should tell you...........

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  15:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are stomach problems like that contageous among reptiles? Is there a chance that one of your other babies have the same infection? Can it be prevented? That is disheartening to think that something like that can take over and we would never know our baby is sick like that.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  16:14:07  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If it's not tested for then, potentially, it could be contracted by each new rep that you add to your collection resulting in more and more losses. It doesn't mean that every rep has it just because it has a stomach upset, etc. I was just trying to think of something that could explain Brookestar's situation. We can rule out poor husbandry so it's just a case of trying to think of other things that could be causing it all.

For anyone considering fecal testing, this place has been recommended by numerous herpers but you may need to get a vet to translate it for you:
http://www.palsvetlab.co.uk/index.html

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2010 :  18:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you as far as finding another reason than poor husbandry. That is why I was a bit nervous when I read four losses in a short time. Being semi new in this area I am wanting to learn everything I can so I know if something happens what to do.[quote]Originally posted by Paulusworm

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000