Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  14:38:15  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The roads were a bit icey monday so my mum and i took the snake back today and as we pulled in we seen the head, so i just told him that the temps in that particular viv where a bit too high. He asked how he could control them more so i went in for half an hour showed him the 888 reptiles site and pointed out a few things that he would need to pick up including ,a stat and a digi thermometer. He had a dial therm in the corns tank but i told him that not only where they not very accurate but because they stick on the wall dont measure where the snake actually gets its heat from.

I also showed him the care sheet on this website.

He seemed happy enough that i showed my concerns about the corn and asked wether i knew anything about royal pythons. I directed him to the care sheet on theroyalpython.co.uk, told him that he would need to replace the strip thermometer with a digital one and get a thermostat for that aswell. I told him how they could be fussy eaters and once all the temperatures and things are correct he may start eating.

He was a beautifull little thing but a little on the thin side.

The beardies weren't there they were at one of the teachers houses as he hadnt been able to bring them back into the school yet.

Hopefully when i go back in a couple of weeks he will have everything up and running properly.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  17:00:59  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just got up to speed on the thread. Good to see some positive results (hopefully) happening. Have you mentioned to the head that he is more than welcome to join this site, TRP and thereptilian? All the animals will be covered then and he'd have experienced advice on tap when he needed it.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  19:45:15  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The head sounds very responsive to your advise and almost glad to speak to someone who knew what they were talking about. He obviously had concerns about the Royal since he asked for your advise on that too.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  05:00:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for bringing us up to date Danny and it sounds as though you got a positive reaction from the head....he was probably relieved to have someone who knew what they were talking about explain things to him once you had pointed out that the conditions werent as they should be.

Let us know how it continues...and as Paulusworm has suggested - mention to him about joining up if he really wants to learn more and do what is best for the reptiles that are ultimately his responsibility.

Well done Danny, you have done a really good thing.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  12:26:47  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well i directeed him to the care sheet on both this site and the TRP site, wether he will join i don't know but next time i go ill tell him.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page