Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  20:46:23  Show Profile
Mmmmm beer.

Group hugs all round, I love this place!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  20:50:26  Show Profile
I dont drink am afraid! however, i will join in with my coke! ha ha!

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  21:35:51  Show Profile
quote:
....and tbh, i'd put money on the OP most likely being a troll and succeeding in winding people right up.

What's a troll? Is it just something that lives under bridges and annoys goats or is it a clever forum type thing?

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  21:42:25  Show Profile
Kinda the same thing really, someone who comes onto the forum with the specific intent of winding people up.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  09:07:56  Show Profile
You cannot believe how pleased I am to see the conclusion to this topic! *breathes big sigh of relief*

I am not on as often as I would like to be ....and I will admit Eeji that I personally would not have responded in the way you did....but I do understand why you did comment as you did. You have dealt with enough idiots in your time and people who dont take advice, who dont want to learn and who just dont care , so your response was a natural one.

I do stand with Mike though in the thinking that we are here to help and we do not want to turn into another 'dark side'. We need to respond, as Mike said, to people as though they were coming to us, face to face, asking for our help - which in essence is what they are doing.

Yes, the OP had separated his female from the males so realised that what was happening was wrong, but instead of being attacked surely it would have been better to have advised him on how wrong his keeping skills were, that he should have known better and guided him down the right path?

And if he was a troll then surely that totally defeats the purpose of what he set out to do....which in fact he achieved!

You both - Eeji and Mike - are coming from the same place and are actually incredibly similar (although you would probably hate to admit it!! *ducks to avoid slap from both afore mentioned forum members*). All you care about is your snakes and the way other people care about their snakes. You just deal with people differently....and I think SexyBear is right in what she says that this is a topic that has been dealt with so many times on the forum that it has become frustrating - BUT we must be careful not to take out that frustration on a newbie until we know all the facts, which are needed in more than 1 post.

Finally ...can I join you for the drink - Eeji, you and SB can have the beer while Mike and I join you with coke??!!

Remember - we are not 'the dark side' and we do need to post with respect, no matter what we may feel about what the OP is doing or saying. Unless our advice is continually ignored and then you have my permission to start flaming !!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  11:00:14  Show Profile
locking this thread..its all been sorted nicely but dont want any more opinions being added and it boiling over again

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000