Suvived our first power cut today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rik
Hatchling

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  17:55:40  Show Profile  Click to see Rik's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Power went off at dinner. At 13:00 the viv was 22C at the hot end. Khan has had his sunday dinner (mmm 2 pinkies) and then spent all afternoon with my hot water bottle (heated water on a little gas stove) . Im starving and cold as our central heating needs electric to run as does the oven .

Edited by - sexychef on 07/02/2010 18:19:18

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  18:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Keep the hot water bottle there (but not too hot) the snake needs it, as it's just eaten. So, for the 48 hours after the feed, keep the warmth going even if no power. But as a rule, if you have a power cut, please do not feed until power is restored. The snake will be better off that way even if it takes a few days.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  18:23:58  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rik

Power went off at dinner. At 13:00 the viv was 22C at the hot end......

22c at the hot end?? Is that a definite temp, because that's a better temp for the cooler side of the viv. The warm end should be closer to 29c

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Rik
Hatchling

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  19:17:22  Show Profile  Click to see Rik's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Power went off about 12:00 and in an hour the hot end of the viv went from 28.2C to 22C. Thats why I put him in his rub with the hot water bottle underneath. Electic is back on now hence im able to post so Khan is back in his big viv. The point of the post above was Khan is fed and warm while im cold and hungry. Cant decide whether to come back as a dog or a snake in my next life. They are both equally loved and their needs come way before mine.

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  19:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh you poor thing, it's like Captain Oates sacrificing himself so his companions would live when they were starving in the Arctic. I hope you've recovered from your trauma now. Seriously though, well done for thinking of Khan's welfare first.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  21:32:08  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rik

Power went off about 12:00 and in an hour the hot end of the viv went from 28.2C to 22C....

Understood now.

I thought you meant the temp was 22c when the power went off.
Unfortunately I'm from a land where we don't conform to times, so saying dinner/lunch/tea time etc means nothing to me timewise.
I am a rebel, I eat after eight mints at 7.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000