A couple of small questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rik
Hatchling

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  00:47:07  Show Profile  Click to see Rik's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Righty dokey:

What is the best method to clean the water bowl out? I generally pour boiling water in it every couple of days then rinse with cold water. Khan is still alive so I guess this is ok.

Khan aint very wide. Im stuck at a point between two pinkies and a fuzzy. Can he have three pinkies every 5days to get him bigger? (he currently has two every 5 days).

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  01:01:14  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Apologies for jumping on the band wagon Rik, I would like to ask the second of your quetions as well about my Elijah.

A few of you on here suggested that Elijah was a little uder size for his age so here's his latest stats

BORN = JUL 09
WEIGHT = 18g
LENGTH = 16.8"
SCHEDULE = 2 x pm every 5 days

According to the feeding guide I should be feeding him 2 pinkies every 5 days, the last batch I bought were only 2g each though, the next lot I buy will be 3-4g. His growth rate appears to be +1g and +0.4" every 5 days.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  08:15:44  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just remember the feeding guide is just that...................a GUIDE!

if you're buying your frozen food from your local rep shop ask them to pick out the smallest fuzzies they've got and start him on those

and for cleaning the water bowl your method sounds fine Rik although it's much more than i do...........once a week i'll usually scrub the bowls and occasionally i'll disinfect them with Trigene

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  00:19:34  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think I will be taking my weighing scales down with me next time, lol.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  04:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleMick

I think I will be taking my weighing scales down with me next time, lol.

The woman at the rep shop thought I was mad and then got kind of fed up with me cos I wanted to weigh the mice I got for Silvesta!! But so glad I did, so I knew I was buying what I wanted and he needed.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  10:44:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the water bowl I run it under almost boiling water everyday and once a week I scrub it with reptile disinfectant - cant think of the name of the stuff... then after a good scrubbing i run it under almost boiling water again- let it cool and then refill it... But then I only have the one snake :)
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000