Sheding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  12:46:14  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all i checked on my corn snake this morning and i noticed his eyes were not as bright as they usualy are. I was wondering could this be that he is about to go blue or mayb he has been blue and they are starting to return to normal colour. I know this may seem daft but this is the first shed since i bought the snake in december.

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  12:47:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like he is going into shed.

If you use the search button you will find loads more info.

Be aware that after a couple of days his eyes will clear and his skin wont look so dull- he hasn't shed so dont get confused, he will shed a few days later.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  12:52:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
have a look at the lower down pics on here of a snake in the blue-eyed phase of shedding http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8093

how obvious it is depends on the morph/eye colour but it's VERY obvious on SC's pics

it is a gradual change and then they clear again but their eyesight remains hazy until they actually shed properly about a week later

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  13:10:05  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
gp i have a normal amel and the eye colouring is like a ruby red at min they are very dull and if they are going blue dont want to distrub the snake as it spending most of his time under substrate and dont fancy seeing if it will tag me

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000