Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  21:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys & gals,

Not been on few days due to moveing, as some of you may know. Moved from St. George in Bristol to a 1 bed house in Clevedon (just outside Bristol).

Loads still to unpack but parents, sis and her OH came up to move us as olds had a camper! Did the most of it today despite rubbish weather!

LegLess will come up from my room at parents a week tomorrow. She will have a new 3 foot viv to meet her arrival!

All good so far!

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  21:44:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG I grew up in Clevedon!! Just near Marshall's Field, up the road from the sports centre. Hope the move works out for ya! x

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  23:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rachael.

Bit impulse in some ways as Im not from Bristol (Lyme Regis- small seaside town in Dorset). However neither me nor Hayley (OH- born & bred Bristolian) been to Clevedon much before now. Googled the pier etc but Hayley works in Portishead so its good for that. Im self employed accountant and work from home at moment so great for OH commuting.

It seems a nice place so far and gonna explore town and pier over weekend, if the box piles go down!

Is the sports centre, gym really, any good? Can't use it just yet as Im due a stomach operation but will be good few months down line.

Seen signs for Marshalls Field, we're Pedder Road, near the Tesco store so thats good! Haha

1.0.0 Cat- Ned

Edited by - n/a on 22/01/2010 23:04:24
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2010 :  09:31:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YAY!
Congratulations for your mov!
I LOVE Lyme Regis- used to go there all the time when I was little
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2010 :  10:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, I'm originally from Christchurch and most of our school trips were days out to Lyme Regis. Is the Outdoor Education Centre still there? Happy days xxx

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2010 :  12:38:13  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats on the move, hope things all settle down nicely for you

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2010 :  14:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks peeps. Done quite a bit so far, not loads left. Gonna build LegLess' viv tomorrow from flatpack "VivExotic". (Got me clear sealent to make corners splash proof).

@Bbsmog- Yeah I know Christchurch, not too far. Yeah the outdoor education centre still there. In fact my friend's mum used to be one of the owners.

1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2010 :  22:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oooh congrats on the move
hope everything goes well with your op aswell

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  15:12:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Hannah. It'll probably be March/April but it'll mean maybe a week or 2 in hospital which I'm not looking forward to, though I am looking forward to the benefits of being fixed!

1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  15:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting for a second op aswell atm, not good, all the best with yours. Make sure you have plenty of entertainment lined up for when you get bored!!

The sports centre was quite good when I lived there, it had a swimming pool too. Other nice things include Poets Walk, the Salthouse park and pub, the clocktower in the main street and of course, the pier. A visit to the pier museum is quite nice aswell, in fact, the entire seafront is quite nice.

The seafront is also a fab place for storm worshippers, Clevedon gets the most incredible battering and its extreme tide levels add to the drama. You cannot not be there when a storm blows in, its awe inspiring!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  15:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool sounds good SB!

Thanks for the sofa tour! I'm quite into photography too (though you wouldn't know by lack of my photos and sig on here!) so the milder storms and tides will be quite good to snap up.

Yeah the Salthouse pub was the first thing people mentioned too! Apparently nice in summer outside with a cider! Be checking it out.

Yeah box sets are the way forward when recovering I think!

Good luck when you have your op- nothing too bad I hope?

Cheers

Ben ;->

1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

85 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  16:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the new place.
Area sounds amazing!

Hope it all goes well for you, and good luck with the op (Same to you Sexy Bear)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Oakey

0.1.0 - Okeetee (Roxy)
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  16:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bengy_s

Cool sounds good SB!

Thanks for the sofa tour! I'm quite into photography too (though you wouldn't know by lack of my photos and sig on here!) so the milder storms and tides will be quite good to snap up.

Yeah the Salthouse pub was the first thing people mentioned too! Apparently nice in summer outside with a cider! Be checking it out.

Yeah box sets are the way forward when recovering I think!

Good luck when you have your op- nothing too bad I hope?

Cheers

Ben ;->

\

Well if you like photography you will love it there, it gets some of the most incredible sunsets in the UK, really breathtaking. There are plenty of good vantage points, get directions to Lady Baye, good cliff for sitting on!

I had a riding accident which left me with a bad knee, had an op on it to repair some torn ligaments and somehow have managed to tear a different one, so need it done again. The ops dont bother me too much but I react badly to anesthetic and always have a funny turn when coming round, very unpleasant. I've had too many op's, I'm only a young 'un!!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  21:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
It'll probably be March/April but it'll mean maybe a week or 2 in hospital which I'm not looking forward to, though I am looking forward to the benefits of being fixed!

I came into this post in the middle and after reading your description, misinterpreted the op you are planning to have. I thought it was the type which my nine-year-old child explained had changed Daddy from a stallion to a gelding!!!!

Hope all goes well whatever it is

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  23:24:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SB- Cool Just seen on google maps the Lady Baye cliff. Ill take a walk up there when it warms up a bit. Your knee sounds like its had a battering! Luckily for me I don't mind the anaesthetic! I like the pre-med and trying to resist going to sleep!

SS- See what you mean how you read it! Your 9 year old knows too much! Lol. Its not life threatening or anything but I have had 3 stomach operations as its knackered and been causing me loads of pain since 2002! First op went well for 1 year but then was violently sick and it tore all stitching out! Need a 10 inch open surgery now and even with the scar I just want it done so I can get on with things!

Oakey- Cheers you! So far so good. Need to see the sea though and compare to my hometown!

1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  23:33:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SB hope your surgery goes ok, and Ben same to you

aw man sounds like Lady Baye Cliff is really nice - i wish i lived near the sea..could have so much fun with my cameras!!

and Sammy...lmao.. spat my drink out!! your child is very clued up!!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  23:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope your op goes ok Ben, sounds like I got off lucky with my knee!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  11:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Hannah, & Rachael- same to you.

Yeah sounds cool. Yeah wanna get the camera out. I missed out on the snowy weather for photos as my camera equipment was stored in boxes.

1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  03:59:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for not responding sooner Ben, not been able to get onto forum as much as usual recently (and am getting withdrawal symptoms cos of it !!).

Congratulations on the move, sounds like it has been a good decision for you and your OH....especially as you can work from home and it isnt too bad a commute for her.

I am so pleased Legless can come 'home' to where he belongs, finally ! I know how much you have wanted him with you and finally you can...and he gets a new home as well!! Lucky snake!

I am sorry to hear about your stomach problems and will be thinking of you with regards to your up-coming operation. It must be horrible having to go through numerous ops and suffering in between. Hopefully this op will finally 'fix' you (and not in the way Sammy thought !!). Definitely sort out plans now for your 'down time' after the op, otherwise you may be tempted to get up and do something before you are physically able, and that is a definite no-no!! I know the dangers of pushing your body when it isnt ready, so please listen to it and your docs....or I will have to lecture you - and GP, SB and Lewy can tell you that it is not a pleasant experience !!!

(Same goes for you SB - and why didnt you tell me about your op ??!!! You know I worry!!! Surely they can give you something to help you when you come out of the anaesthetic....that is what they did with me when they discovered I had reacted badly on a previous op. You really must stop falling off horses, you know, it really does your knees in landing on them all the time )

Sounds like a gorgeous place you are moving to if what SB says is right. (Love the sound of the Salt House pub!) In fact it sounds the perfect sort of place to getaway from this horrible rat-race of a place I live in. Cant wait to see some of your pics...do hope you post some on here just so we can all get jealous!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  13:44:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Judith for your kind words.

.... I will try to listen to the docs- and you! Sometimes I'm tempted to get up and about but this is my last chance at a fix really so I have to do everything I can to make it successful.

Super excited about Legless as she needs a new viv and I need her with me!

Yeah SB's injury doesn't sound too sweet. I used to ride when I was younger but didn't get back on the horse (literally) when he reared up on me as he had a fear of sheep and we passed a farmer's gate with sheep up to the gate. I was only like 13!

Went for a drive yesterday when OH came home but as it was dark couldn't see much apart from the illuminated Salthouse pub! Definately going there. There was also a nice looking place near the band stand but can't remember the name (SB?)

Will for sure be uploading some Clevedon piccy's..... and of course some of LegLess too, including a sig!

1.0.0 Cat- Ned

Edited by - n/a on 27/01/2010 13:45:31
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  15:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice place near the bandstand.... hmm... my memory fails me!!! So many nice places there, but I havent been back for a fair few years so maybe its somewhere new?

I had a similar accident to yours Ben, my old ex-racehorse somersaulted over a gate with me and crushed my right side, the knee is the only thing left that bothers me! I broke 4 ribs, my nose, and my foot, dislocated my hip and knee, tore multiple ligaments in my back and have 3 crushed vertebrae.

Still like riding though!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page