New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  14:45:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all.

Probably a random thing to post a picture of but below is a picture of the snakes' dinners' defrosting.

There's such an odd mix of mouse/rat sizes in there this time (my rep shop isn't wildly consistent about the sizes they stock or what they call them...it's different every time so I hand pick).

Anyway while they were bobbing about in the water I had to giggle to myself (NOT in a crazy psycho way)....if anyone had told me a year ago that I'd be storing frozen rodents in my freezer and using my nice kitchen scales to weigh them with, I'd have laughed myself silly!

(The kitchen scales were a never used present from my mother-in-law in a bid to make me a bit more domestic; she'd have a small fit if she knew what I actually use them for ).

Anyway, here's the (morbid) picture. Clockwise from bottom right they are; Fuzzy Rat for Ba'al, Weaner Mouse for Snuggles, Fuzzy Mouse for Sadie, Medium Mouse for The Stig, Weaner Mouse for Snuggles and Hopper Mouse for Cinco.

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  14:48:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MMM, looks tasty. Like stew.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  14:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome, do you feed them all on the same day then?

Do you find this the best way to do it with multiple snakes?

I always thought that if you staggered feeding then you would be able to handle at least one snake every day.

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  14:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only have 3 snakes, and 1 isn't eating, but I try them all on the same day. That way, I can have a 2 day break from doing anything with them!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  15:09:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeh i suppose thats a good way of looking at it sexy bear!

I am hoping to have at least another 3 or 4 corns eventually and was wondering what the best way is to do it.

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  15:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a mouse convention! Lol!

Gaz, we also try and do ours on the same day, it's so much easier to keep track of!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  15:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MMM!
Im feeling pretty hungry now..!
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  15:58:51  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i feed all of mine on seperate days so i can always handle one of them

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  16:12:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have several snakes and i have found it easier to feed on the same day - apart from Simba - hes on once a week just because hes on bigger food and would definately get fat if he had them every 5 days!

that pic looks similar to my defrost bag - 1 weaner for Q to sniff at, one small mouse for Little One to sniff at, 1 medium mouse for Simba to eat adn then 3 fuzzies,one for each of the corns.. oh and then a pathetically small pinkie for aura to turn down

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Edited by - HannahB on 22/01/2010 16:15:23
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  17:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I just had the two then no, I fed them on different days so I could always have a cuddle!

Since there are now two fauns and two RUBs on one set of shelves I find it easier to do them all in one go and then not disturb the shelf unit at all for a couple of days.

Even though The Stig is bigger and in another room I feed him at the same time as the others because (i) he's on 5 day feeds to bulk him up as he's under-weight and (ii) if I'm venturing out to the freezer (in the garage) for 4 snakes I might as well go out for all 5 !!!

That's me being lazy (and scared of the spiders in the garage) xxx

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  17:26:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feed the corns and king on Sunday evenings and the royals, if they can be bothered eating, on wednesday.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  17:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since both of my lads will be bought of hibernation soon.. (not planning on feeding them, my rooms subject to temps and it's been cold later) But feeding tomorrow, then the following Wednesday, then the following saturday, etc.

TBH, i cba trekking to shops on different says, might aswell do them both in one hit.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  18:30:02  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my lot all get fed the same day too :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  19:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll stick to my fuzzies for Snickers.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page