New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  13:15:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not an R.I!!

Took The Stig to a different vet to the one I've used before (because they were recommended and could get me in sooner than my regular vet). The guy was really thorough and at the end of it all he said he thought he may have had a minor RI issue before he arrived (snakey cold as he put it!). He also said there is absoloutely no evidence of it now and whatever we had been doing over the weekend was the right thing to do!!! Got to keep him separate from the rest of the gang for another couple of weeks and fatten him up as he's a little underweight. He's got no mites, minimal scale damage and nothing that won't improve with time.

I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am. I've been so worried for him . Now I can look forward to spoiling him rotten cos this friendly man deserves a forever home. xxx

Just adding that I have decided to change my regular rep vet to the people visited yesterday. Nothing wrong with Chine House (the other vets I recommend and use) but this place is closer to me. I'm going to put their contact details on the Recommended Vets thread if anyone wants one in Leicestershire/East Midlands.

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  13:27:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad to hear he is ok, he is lucky to have found such a fab home x

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  16:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad that he is well and cold free!
I always feel that it is better to have a (good) vet closer to home- just incase there is a REAL emergency!

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  16:26:54  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So glad he is ok, he is a gawgus boy (or girl) He has a good new home

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  17:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Excellent news!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  18:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great news I would be worried sick if Snaky had any R.I problems. Glad it all worked out for you and Stig. nice name lol

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  18:53:47  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Love the name. So glad he is ok. And that the vet has given the go-ahead for a bit of spoiling :)

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  19:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is always good to know.
quote:
Originally posted by bbsmog

It's not an R.I!!

Took The Stig to a different vet to the one I've used before (because they were recommended and could get me in sooner than my regular vet). The guy was really thorough and at the end of it all he said he thought he may have had a minor RI issue before he arrived (snakey cold as he put it!). He also said there is absoloutely no evidence of it now and whatever we had been doing over the weekend was the right thing to do!!! Got to keep him separate from the rest of the gang for another couple of weeks and fatten him up as he's a little underweight. He's got no mites, minimal scale damage and nothing that won't improve with time.

I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am. I've been so worried for him . Now I can look forward to spoiling him rotten cos this friendly man deserves a forever home. xxx

Just adding that I have decided to change my regular rep vet to the people visited yesterday. Nothing wrong with Chine House (the other vets I recommend and use) but this place is closer to me. I'm going to put their contact details on the Recommended Vets thread if anyone wants one in Leicestershire/East Midlands.

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  21:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad it was nothing too serious!

oooh where abouts is this vets? iv signed my lot at a vets but then after luke rang them we found out that any reps that come in usually get referred elsewhere..

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2010 :  04:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is seriously good news about The Stig...I know how worried you were and how hard it would have been had it been diagnosed as an RI.

Shows that you did the right thing over the weekend, upping the heat and humidity (think that is what you did....brain fog moment ). It is nice to have confirmation about the advice given on the forum, not that I EVER doubt GP's advice!!

Was good that the vet also gave The Stig an all over check, so you know that he is overall healthy and what is best for him now - a bit of spoiling!!

You are so lucky to have 2 vets in your area that will deal with snakes, and even luckier to have one close by that is obviously an expert and knows what they are talking about. We havent had a chance to find an exotic vet near us yet...and we really should rather than wait until we need one.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000