stressing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  21:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i started to feed both my corns in their fauns as this was what i was advised by a shop,they strike everytime food is offered a lot of people dont recommend it and to feed in a seperate box, i bought 2 seperate boxes, 1 for each, and every time i have tried to feed in these boxes, the snakes arent interested and wont strike, i have left the food in the cox and sat for an hour or more sometimes and they wont take it yet once they are back in their fauns they strike, what am i doing wrong and can anyone give any tips, i dont handle the snakes the day before their feeds and on the day of feeds i just pick them up out of their fauns and place then into the feeding box. many thanks

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  22:02:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they wont feed in the tubs, just put down some newspaper, kitchen roll or a dish for feeding so that substrate wont get stuck to their dinner.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  22:42:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the size of the feeding tub might be putting them off (?too big) and also feeling exposed........

try placing something in the tub that smells of that particular snake - leaving a bit of dried up poo should do the trick! - and covering the tub over with a towel or sheet of something will help them feel less exposed. and RESIST the temptation to peek under the sheet every 2 mins to see it the snake's eating! lol

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  22:43:11  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
basically i'm meaning when they feel like it's 'their' feeding tub you should get the same feeding response

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2010 :  15:26:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks guys, should i put their feeding tubs inside the vivs on the heat mat when they are eating?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2010 :  16:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my RUB on the bed on top of the Guinness Book of Records to keep it stable and then when she has finished I leave her in the RUB next to the heat mat for 5ish or so mins- enough time for her to wiggle the pinkie down- then I let he back into the Viv.

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2010 :  22:09:25  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i usually have the tubs immediately outside the vivs, they're not going to be off the heat for any serious length of time

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000