snake pooh
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  17:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everybody we have a lovely little corn snake called monty hes a abt 12 wks old? please could somebody tell me if they are ment to pooh every wk?

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  17:14:28  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hiya corn snakes will poo about 3 days after they have fed and digestied there meal. It may also pass any poo that is has inside it from last feed i have found this out when i got my corn snake

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  17:54:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. My baby poos twice a week, the first two or three days after dinner.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  18:51:04  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I see no need to answer questionn for you now that have already been answered.

So for now I shall just say hello and welcome to the forum.

There is a wealth of info on the forums, any questions then feel free to ask, or use the search button on the top right as some questions have probably already been answered.

Have a looky at these topics as well, they go into a bit of detail for the basics for you as well:
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  19:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dynana,

Welcome from another newbie, We too have a new baby who is almost the same age as your monty, this site has been great since having him and every question i have asked has been answered, so don't worry about asking them anything. :-)

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  20:12:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gemma! Welcome to the forum! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus . Not sure what you already know about snakes or how long you have had your snake, so apologies for if I am telling you stuff you already know, but better told twice than not at all.

I am not sure when you got your corn, but I am hoping you were told the one-week rule - no handling or feeding for the first week after getting him. This gives him time to get over the stress of the move and get used to his new environment. All you should do is change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means he has a chance to get used to your smell. I know this is a very frustrating time cos all you want to do is handle your new snake, but it is worth doing for your snake's benefit. You may be past this stage....but thought it worth a mention. If you were not told about it (and unfortunately few people are ) then it may be worthwhile starting it from now, especially if your snake is showing any signs of stress.

Kehhlyr has already mentioned the 2 best places to look for information: the care sheet which is very good and has lots of information for new snake owners. And the topic on 'Your 1st Snake'.

I am so glad you have already started asking questions. No question asked on this forum is a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! Use the search option in top right corner to get information and if you cant find the answer there then ask!! Unfortunately pet shops often give 'questionable' advice , so please check out on here anything you are told just to make sure that what they have said is right.

Your question regarding how often your corn is meant to poo has really been answered. I would also add that when they are small and growing fast they are absorbing all they can from their food, which means they will only excrete a small amount. This means that when they do poo it is often small and can easily be missed if your snake is on a substrate, rather than on kitchen roll. When was he fed, how often is he feeding and what is he feeding on?

I hope when you got your corn you got as much info as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !

Unwritten forum rule- pics as soon as possible! This link will help... http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - Keeping corns is very addictive....most of us start out with one and the lucky ones move on from there while others who are not so lucky try to contain their jealousy!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  20:37:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thankyou everybody :) x
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  20:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the forum

0.1 Amel stripe corn snake
0.1 Normal Royal
1.0 Bearded dragon - Spam
Female mixed breed dog - Sunny
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  20:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  21:11:18  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  21:21:38  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2010 :  01:34:20  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi dynana, welcome to the forum, nice topic to start your time in the forum with, lol.

Welcome.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2010 :  17:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum. In the beginning Snickers poohed two or three days after feed.
quote:
Originally posted by dynana

hi everybody we have a lovely little corn snake called monty hes a abt 12 wks old? please could somebody tell me if they are ment to pooh every wk?

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  00:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  02:33:12  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  10:51:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome to the forum

Diavlo the snake

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

118 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  10:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome... No one warned me just how bad snake poo smells, lol.

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  12:27:16  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the forum from another newbie. I find my corn colin (born sept 08) usually poos two to three days after a meal and usually on me or my oh (i swear he saves em for us).

Cheers

Steve

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  17:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  19:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never noticed that part until she poohed in my shirt the first time.
quote:
Originally posted by Matts_Mum

Welcome... No one warned me just how bad snake poo smells, lol.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000