Posted - 24/01/2010 :  21:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay, thanks again :)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  03:49:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry that Tango has still not fed. As I said in my previous comment, Kellog went for 13 weeks without feeding because he was horny.

What is vital though is that you weigh him. Kellog only lost a small bit of weight and therefore it proved to me that it was a 'natural' fast as opposed to him going off his food for health or other reasons, in which case he would lose weight a lot faster. If you are weighing him, what was his weight when he was feeding regularly and his weight now?

You say he is going into shed mode....am not sure if you usually feed him when he is 'blue' but maybe avoid it this time and try offering him a feed after he has shed.

Has he had trouble shedding before?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  22:21:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tango has finaly shed and he never had any trouble with his shedding. Now that i have tryed feeding him again he hast ate the food. He actually payed attention to his prey this time buy following it arroud as i pulled it around but didnt go for it. It has ben 6 weeks now that he hasnt ate. Does anyone have any idea when he will start eating again, hes lost a small amont of weight, dont know any figures sorry, my mum is the one who deals whit the weight and feeding.
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  00:03:31  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
May sound daft but have you tried warming the prey item up a little before you offer it to him. I got a reluctant feeder that wont take a meal unless its offered warm. And defo try a mouse this time.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  04:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad Tango didnt have trouble with his shed Ryan, but am sorry he still hasnt fed. It is a good sign that he showed interest in the food this time. Elament's advice is good, heating the mouse a bit will increase its smell and hopefully will get his feeding instincts to kick in. Could really do with knowing the exact weights so we can see if it is an unhealthy loss.

Are the temps in his viv ok now?

Have you tried the suggestions on this link - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720

You need to just keep feeding him on his regular day as normal....and hopefully one day soon he will eat.

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 01/02/2010 04:35:11
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  08:39:26  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kellog I know the first time I fed xena I tried first time with the pinky at room temp and like Tango she showed interest but turned her nose up. Then, going on advice I had read on here, I had a brainwave and just warmed it up a little (placed the pinky in a plastic sandwich bag and then in some hot water for a coupla mins) and the result was she virtually ripped it out of my fingers so it worked for me.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  22:46:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i will try that now and i will get the wights off my mum when i am at hers, yes the temp. He will be getting fed next friday and i will try a warm mouse. I'll let yous kow how i get on, thanks again :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000