New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  09:49:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have decided about the snakes i am going to get in may june time. i originally was going for a butter and amel and ultramel because they would make nice breeding projects and have nice babies for the future. i have thrown that out the window. wen i was looking at my future 3-4 years down the line i wont have time to breed. i will be at university so i have now decided that i will go for the morphs i love the best, not breeding programs. snow stripe is one i really like and butter stripe i like and amel stripe i like and i will see wat others come along at doncaster. mite even go for a royal.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  10:11:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds great Danny, breeding is a massive and time consuming undertaking, so now you can just relax and enjoy your fave morphs instead!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  10:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are really showing how much you have learnt and how serious you are about your snakes by coming to such a sensible decision Danny. Well done.

I never realised you were planning on breeding, and what SexyBear says is right. It is also a lot of responsibility for someone your age (even in 3yrs when your snake would be old enough to breed).

Always thought it was best to go with the snake you love the look of. I dont really care about the morphs...just go into shop and get what you like!

What will you do with your snake/snakes when you go to uni? Can you take snakes with you?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  10:40:10  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good idea I don't know what I'm going to do yet, it really depends on what morph I choose to get next and what Dimi turns out to be xD Good luck finding the right snakes!

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  12:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks all, just thought i would be easier to start breeding once i have settled down, have a job bringing in the money, so then i can afford the more expensice morphs, that all in the future, bowt 5 years from now minimum.

kellog, my parents, my mum and dad agreed that they could decide how many snakes i get and then if uni ses no to pets like snakes then they will look after them. sounds fair. they sed that i would be home at weekedns anyway so i could feed them and dad and mum would change water and handle them. great. so they get a say in any snake i get. if they like it or if it gets to big or if it is agresive. not that a corn is any of them.

sexybear, thanks, i now that breeding is a bit comitment so thougt that it would be to much while doing coursework and studying.

morph wise i will just wait until doncaster and the first snake i see i like i will get. ofcourse if it is agresive or not got a good feeding history then that will chamge it but you know wat i mean. i really want a stripe so that is all i am wanting. a beautiful striped snake.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  15:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well done on making a really good decision. I know i got my snakes originally just because i liked the morphs but then when i realised that they were the right genders for possible breeding then i started to consider it. You never know you might get several opposite sex stripes and end up making little stripey babies one day

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000