Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2010 :  08:16:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG!!! Steve shed last night sometime between 9pm and 9.30pm. whoooohhooooooo i'm so excited..lol

Hubby and son came home from Taekwondo and checked him which was about 9pm, he was still curled up in his tube. I came in about 9.30pm and went and had a peek and he was out at the front of the viv looking beautiful and really vibrant and he was really frisky, i took the lid of and picked him up and then looked down and there was his shed!! apart from about an inch and a half still on the tip of his tale the rest had come off in one piece!! I was so happy, a little disapointed we had missed it but at least he had got it of almost in one piece.
I took him downstairs and got some damp kitchen cloth and gently rub along the end of his tale and got the remainder off.
He was soooooo lively bless him, I got his rub out and a pinky, placed that in the rub then put Steve in and he went straight for it, must have been starving poor baby..lol
It's the quickest i have known him go for his food since we have had him, I am hoping to try and get him to start striking for it over the next few feeds now he seems to have definatley settled in.
I can tell you i have one contented little snakie now.
The weighing scales have come this morning so will get him weighed tomorrow once we can handle him again, i have measured his shed and it is coming out at 15 inches, that's without the bit that was left on his tale, I tried to measure him last night but he was all over the place bless him.

Can i just say a very big, big, big, thank you to all of you who have helped me through the last few weeks, we have had steve 4 weeks today and i can't believe how well he has settled into our home!!
Without you guys i would have pulled my hair our not knowing what was going on or what to do so THANK YOU
I would recommend anyone getting a snake to do your homework first as they are not easy and can give you sleepless nights worrying about them!!
I have learned so much in the last 4weeks thanks the the people on this forum and thanks to them i have one contented little snake

Just one more question. how long before this process starts all over again? lol

PS, photo's to follow, photo bucket doing maintenence so cant upload yet

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.

Edited by - n/a on 20/01/2010 08:25:19
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2010 :  10:42:12  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
because its young, it will be more often than older snake becasue theyre still growing . Itll be about a months time.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2010 :  03:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

OMG!!! Steve shed last night sometime between 9pm and 9.30pm. whoooohhooooooo i'm so excited..lol........ I was so happy, a little disapointed we had missed it but at least he had got it of almost in one piece.

That is such good news! I am so pleased for you, even though you missed seeing it. What is important is that he has shed and it was a good shed, even if he did have the tail tip left on. You have many years ahead of you to witness a shed....although I am sure they purposely wait until we leave the room and then shed quickly just so we miss it

I took him downstairs and got some damp kitchen cloth and gently rub along the end of his tale and got the remainder off.

You did the perfect thing in dealing with his remaining shed. Well done . I am glad you managed to get it off so easily.

...... I got his rub out and a pinky, placed that in the rub then put Steve in and he went straight for it, must have been starving poor baby..lol

That is great to hear he ate so well, and must have been a relief to you.

......The weighing scales have come this morning so will get him weighed tomorrow once we can handle him again,

Remember you cant handle him for 48hrs after he has eaten

i have measured his shed and it is coming out at 15 inches, that's without the bit that was left on his tale, I tried to measure him last night but he was all over the place bless him.

Whenever you measure a shed you need to subtract 10% because the skin stretches as the snake sheds it, but at least you have a rough idea of how long he is cos there is NO WAY he is going to lay still for you to measure him!!

Can i just say a very big, big, big, thank you to all of you who have helped me .......Without you guys i would have pulled my hair our not knowing what was going on or what to do so THANK YOU.....

You know the thanks isnt necessary...it is what we are here for !!!

Just one more question. how long before this process starts all over again?.....

Think Imfastcars has answered that question. They shed more often when they are younger and growing more. Kellog only sheds every 6 weeks now, although it is virtually like clockwork. Have had first shed with Silvesta and have no idea when to expect his next one.

Edited by - Kellog on 21/01/2010 04:00:13
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2010 :  18:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again,

I'm here with another question please, I have finally got my scales today and weighed Steve, he is weighing 12g, does this sound about right for his age? we think he is about 3 months old now.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  13:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HELLO i am loving my corn!!!!

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python
1.0.0 Tri-coloured honduran - Feta (R.I.P. my love!!!You will never be forgoten!)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  13:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Fernando, your not the only one.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  11:05:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As promised Steve after his first shed.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2010 :  13:24:22  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice pics of steve after his shed and that i wonder if my snake is due to shed as he is spending a lot of time under substrate well i guess i will just have to wait and see if that what he is going to do

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  03:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve is looking stunning after his shed, such brilliant colouring....and it is lovely seeing him feeding as well.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000