Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  17:17:47  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We've had none stop snow since i last posted 3 hours ago, its about a foot deep here in places aswell.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

531 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  17:25:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in kent and we are ment to get 16 inches of snow by morning ...any one got a snowboard i can borrow or better yet a shovel

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

117 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  18:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Masses of the stuff here in yorkshire! Lovely and deep everywhere..... just been out playing in my landrover at the local country park

1.0.0 Hypo Corn - Syd
0.1.0 Normal Corn - Charley
1.0.0 Amel Corn - Shorty
0.1.0 Golden Retriver - Jinx
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  18:08:17  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

I'm sure I've said it before, but I will again.

Lucky it didn't snow heavily during the war, this country is so pansied now. When I was younger we went to school regardless of the weather and I don't think the country ever came to a standstill.

(i'm not a great lover of snow btw)

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  18:12:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's blizzarding in Farnham
Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  18:25:01  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We have snow down here on the Island!
Cant believe it, nothing about an hour ago and now the grounds covered!

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  18:50:34  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we have it here now! a good few inches in about an hour!!

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  19:44:18  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was supposed to have a driving lesson this morning too. My driving instructor phoned when he was 5 minutes away and said it wasn't a good idea as he was sliding about all over the place. I drove in it just before Christmas and I have to agree, good practise. As much as I love the snow, I hope it goes soon. I'v got my test in 2 weeks and if it gets cancelled it will be months before I can get another one with all the other cancellations that will have had to be rearranged.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  19:54:09  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yorkshire_Dan

Masses of the stuff here in yorkshire! Lovely and deep everywhere..... just been out playing in my landrover at the local country park

Sounds like fun...

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  20:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
just been out playing in my landrover at the local country park

Lol...my other half looked out of the window and said "I think I ought to get the Hybrid cranked up....snow's good for V8 engines, y'know." Which is his way of saying "I'm off to the Peaks to flip my Off-Roader on it's roof tomorrow, darling".

LOL....flippin LandRover enthusiasts

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  20:45:40  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Snow on the Isle of Wight!

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  20:54:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No snow yet in Somerset most disappointed

1 Carolina Corn- Wizard, 1 Anery corn- Epi, 1 snow corn Casper
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  01:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

An hour or two of snow fall but its not settled here in Bristol

It is now Matt, We're forcast up to 40cm tonight and if the kids school is closed i will be gutted!!!!! They older 2 went back today (well thats yesterday now) and little one goes back tomorrow (i guess thats actually today now?), we had a rubbish xmas holidays all couped up and they didn't stop scrapping, any more time and home and they may well kill each other!

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  04:04:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy
[br We're forcast up to 40cm tonight and if the kids school is closed i will be gutted!!!!! They older 2 went back today (well thats yesterday now) and little one goes back tomorrow (i guess thats actually today now?), we had a rubbish xmas holidays all couped up and they didn't stop scrapping, any more time and home and they may well kill each other!

I am the same as you Tizzy. My 2 went back yesterday, but looks like the school will be closed today. My hope is that my OH wont be able to work so he and the kids will head out and stay out!!! Just come home when they are nearly frozen solid!!

He and my daughter went out about 11pm last night, an hour after it started to snow and we already had 2 inches. Lots of fun had in snow that hadnt been touched by human feet or car tyres...then lots of pushing cars of silly people who decided to try and drive in it. I was left at home dealing with my son, who was supposed to be asleep but of course heard them go out and was exceedingly upset at being left behind! Children and OH's - who'd have them!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  08:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SNOW DAY - WOO HOO!!!!!
We only went back to school yesterday and today we have a foot of snow and most of the schools in the county are shut. My daughter's still asleep so I haven't broken the 'bad' news to her yet!!

It's one of those perfect days where there's so much snow that my husband didn't even need to attempt getting to work. One person with a landrover barely made it and everyone else has been told not to bother. That's the advantage of living in a village. Right, time to get the wellies on, wake my daughter and start building a snowsnake

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  08:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

An hour or two of snow fall but its not settled here in Bristol

It is now Matt, We're forcast up to 40cm tonight and if the kids school is closed i will be gutted!!!!! They older 2 went back today (well thats yesterday now) and little one goes back tomorrow (i guess thats actually today now?), we had a rubbish xmas holidays all couped up and they didn't stop scrapping, any more time and home and they may well kill each other!

Yes! Woke up to snow Thats a day off for me.

Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  09:22:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay at last snow in Somerset

1 Carolina Corn- Wizard, 1 Anery corn- Epi, 1 snow corn Casper
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  09:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My kids were due back to school yesterday, due to the snow here in wigan they are still off school aaaggghh!!!

(and obveously pestering every second to see Gunter and Cornelius!!!)
7 days up today!!!

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  11:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In celebration of Snow Day we had pancakes for breakfast (proper homemade ones with sugar and lemon - yummy) then we all went out for a mass snowball fight, I made my snowsnake and Beth made a snow lizard and we returned home for a hot chocolate. That's what I call a perfect day. When I was a kid in Brighton we only ever had a sprinkling of snow. It took the whole garden to scrape up enough for a snowball and most of that was grass and stones - very stingy when you get hit by it!! I get sooooo excited living in the countryside now where you get 'real' snow.

Be safe everyone.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  11:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were up at 6.30 this morning as we heard neighbour trying to clear her car. She is ward sister at the local A & E, so we knew we had to help. Cleared our car, drive, road...and OH, Tandi and Jos drove her to the hospital, having to take a detour because a tree was down blocking the road. OH came home very wound up...firstly the road outside the ambulance station hadnt been gritted and was lethal although the actual hospital entrance and drives were fine, and secondly there were too many people out on the road who didnt need to be and certainly didnt know how to drive in this weather. They have lost count of the amount of cars they have had to push start. If you dont have to drive dont go out!!! Now have over 6" and its still snowing.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000