Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Popping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  15:19:43  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I had Dimi popped today, looks like it's a girl! x) Happy. There were two risen dots and the guy said he could only be 99% sure because she was so small, is that right, about the dot thing I mean, a girl?

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  15:20:22  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
EXTRA NOTE; Does this call for a new name do you think?

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  18:17:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two pale dots is a girl, but popping can never 100% prove a snake is female, it can only prove that its male.

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  18:23:00  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh ok, thanks matt, that would make me uncertain again then xD lol. I'll get her done when she is older. It's just so tempting to find out now xD

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  18:37:42  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.cornsnake.co.uk/sexing-corn-snakes.php

Interesting read ^

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  18:53:15  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Echo ;) I happened to read through that earlier, it's a good guide. Maybe it should be put up in the links section; I know it isn't recommended to pop them if you are inexperienced but there is always someone who will, it's worth letting them know how to at least do it right :D

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  20:06:54  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if two little pink bits popped out, then its a boy - they're his hemipenes

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  20:19:33  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ah, well Dimi might just be a boy then, he is rather small... xD S/he is 19" and weights around 14-15g.

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  20:21:54  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh and s/he's 8 months old if I was given the right age when I bought him/her :)

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  21:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good linky BE, the only thing I feel is that inexperienced people may try to probe/pop their snakes. Not saying anyone here would. There's a little disclaimer at the bottom but in my eyes the site couldv'e done more..

Wow quite interesting then,
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  22:28:56  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its definitely worth getting him/her popped again in a month or so, and maybe another time after that, either by the same or a different person (doesn't really matter and benefits for both) and see what the verdict is

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  22:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ouch, that description made my eyes water. Seriously though, I can see why you recommend only very experienced people do this as I guess it would be really easy to hurt and/or damage the snake if you do it even slightly wrong.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  04:15:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest Lil, how important is it that you know what sex Dimika is unless you are planning on breeding? If you are then why dont you wait until he/she is older and get her/him probed by an expert? I know it is nice to know what sex they are but I dont know if I want to put my snakes through probbing if I am not breeding, and definitely not popping if they were younger! We were told Kellog was male but am not sure if that was ever proven, and OH has guessed that Silvesta is male going by tail length and scale count behind vent. May get him probed at a later date just cos OH wants to make sure he is male (we want a female to breed with Kellog eventually) but I am not worried.
Dimika is a gorgeous name, whatever sex!!

xxx

BE - do agree with Hillzi, it needs to be stated very strongly that it is not something that should be done by an inexperienced owner. I think someone mentioned giving it a try on here recently and luckily was talked out of it.

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  07:39:46  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'm not too bothered Kellog, just as long as Dimika is happy ;) She's been looking rather healthy lately and I'm quite chuffed lol xD Kellog would be gorgeous to breed from :o Let me know if you ever do ^^

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  18:38:53  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quoted from the bottom of the page BE linked to:
Baby snakes often 'poop' on you when attempting to 'pop' them !!

corrected version:
Baby snakes WILL 'poop' on you when attempting to 'pop' them !!

:D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  19:46:16  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  19:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
monty never did, we had him sexed three times by our local shop and three times he behaved. male.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000