Thermostat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  21:55:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, need some help please. The shop I bought my corn from told me I didn't need a stat. After reading on here, I now know its a must. What stat do I go for and do I plug the plug from the heat mat into the stat? I'm getting a bit panicky now, I fed Beau on monday night and she wolfed the pinkie down her but she hasn't had a poo yet. I handled her tonight, she felt cold but was active and seemed fine. The tank she is in now is 28 hot end and 22 cold end. She seems to spend half her time in the hot end and half her time in the cool end but never in the middle. Do I need to be concerned that she hasn't had a poo yet?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  22:02:45  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You can get a Mat stat for about £20, or a more accurate Pulse Proportional stat for about £40. Yes, you plug the heat mat into the stat.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  22:16:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'll order the Pulse Proportional now. The lad in the shop told me he has several snakes but he doesn't use a stat.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  22:24:02  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve76

Hi, need some help please. The shop I bought my corn from told me I didn't need a stat. After reading on here, I now know its a must. good on ya ;)What stat do I go for I'd recommend a pulse stat for the best resultsand do I plug the plug from the heat mat into the stat?yes I'm getting a bit panicky now, I fed Beau on monday night and she wolfed the pinkie down her but she hasn't had a poo yet. I handled her tonight, she felt cold but was active and seemed fine.thats normal The tank she is in now is 28 hot end and 22 cold end.those temperatures are fine, but you will still need a stat She seems to spend half her time in the hot end and half her time in the cool end but never in the middleThis too is normal - she uses the heat from the mat to warm on, then moves away when she's warm enough or needs to cool down a bit. Do I need to be concerned that she hasn't had a poo yet?not yet, you can usually expect a poo anywhere between 2 days and 2 weeks after feeding
Thanks in advance for your help.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  22:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eeji, thanks alot. You've put my mind at ease.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  22:52:03  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
several of my local rep shops won't actually LET you buy a snake unless you have the right equipment, including a stat.........(and no, you don't have to buy it from them, they're not just after a sale, quite the opposite!)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000