Got it
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  20:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after doing lots of research i finally got my Corn on 9/12/09. She is a lovely Snow Corn I bought from Seapets, they had kept feeding and shedding records from the day she arrived there till the day I bought her. She arrived there on 27/8/09, she has shed 3 times and they were feeding her a small pinkie every 7 days. We took her home and put her in her new faun and left her alone for 7 days, just changing the water daily every evening, inside the faun i took the advise of placing a sock. I held her on the 8th day 16/12/09, althought the shop said she was handled regularly I found her to be very jumpy and quick, her eyes were cloudy so quickly put her back and left her alone, on Sunday morning 19/12/09 she had shed again, all in one piece, she fed on sunday evening on a pinkie, she did strink for it and it was devoured real quick, when doing my research I read that they should be fed a pinkie every 3 to 5 days, is this correct? Thank you to anyone who replies xx

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  20:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldnt feed it any more frequently than every 5 days.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  22:03:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your New Snake!
:)
Pic soon!
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  00:15:30  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats on your new purchase and HUGE THANKS for researching your cornsnake and giving her the best possible start

like matty says feeding every 5 days minimum, or 5-7 days is good.
feeding any more frequently than this and your snake will be almost constantly digesting a meal which they're not evolved to do, and you'd also get very little handling time as 48hrs after a feed she definitely needs leaving to digest it.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  04:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shorty...I am so pleased you have finally got your snow corn! But you dont tell us her name!!

You have done such a good job in the research you did before you got her...you are such a relief to those of us on the forum who have had people join who just go out and buy a snake without knowing anything about it.

You obviously took note of what we said!! It is great Seapets kept such good records about her and I am sure you will continue to do so (hint, hint ). Well done for keep to the one week rule - it is really tough, isnt it! And also well done for noticing her eyes were cloudy when you handled her and returning her to the viv so she was as unstressed as possible. Sorry you missed seeing her shed, but you have years to see it happen.

It sounds as though she is doing really well, and she is very lucky having an owner like you!

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 23/12/2009 04:09:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000