sock=scent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  21:08:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just read somewhere on here that if you put a sock in the viv with your snake that it gets your scent..im guessin its a dirty one but just want to make sure so could someone confirm this please...

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  21:12:10  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's the idea, something with your scent on will let them get used to your smells.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  21:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  21:24:21  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just make sure that you cut the toe end off so it can get out and doesn't get stuck and fall in its water bowl.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  01:07:26  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i would use a t shirt as a sock maybe toxic lol and body oder is going to be more familier to them than the smell of your feet.

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  01:41:38  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I stuck a clean sports sock down my bra for a few hours then chucked that in with Missy! She used to use it as a hide!!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  05:36:22  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

I stuck a clean sports sock down my bra for a few hours then chucked that in with Missy! She used to use it as a hide!!

Do the rules apply here???

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  08:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read somewhere on here about using a scented hand soap.

I always thought it was good practice washing hands before handling snakey anyway, so ive always done this. Always use the same soap before handling her, she smells it straight away and knows its me.

I proved this on saturday, the mother in law wanted to hold her and she didnt like the smell of her at all, she seemed really stressed and just wanted to stay on my arm.

And then last night i got her out of faun after work (hadnt washed hands) probably smelling of dirt, oil, machinery etc and she seemed different and wasnt interested in coming out to play, then i realised i handt washed my hands!

Its worth a try.

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  12:53:58  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

what as in the photo rule?Yes it does

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  12:56:48  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

quote:

quote:

what as in the photo rule?Yes it does

What you want a photo pf the old sports sock in the viv??? Ok Ill see If I still have it
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  16:24:50  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

i would use a t shirt as a sock maybe toxic lol and body oder is going to be more familier to them than the smell of your feet.

LoL Lee

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  17:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no..we want to see where abouts the optimum position on the sock in the bra is
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  18:12:19  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just wonder why a sock is suggested when most folk pick the snake up with their hands, not their feet!! Would a glove that smells of the hand be a better idea? On the subject of socks in bras....just put the bra in , that way you have a couple of handy hides too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  19:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I chopped up a knee high sock and carried that around in my bra for a few days on Devilmistress' advice :)

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  19:46:46  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And did it work Skorps???? It is a totaly inocent suggestion and trust the men to turn it rude!!!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  20:08:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely!
Like a Charm!
Its a Boy Thing I think!
:)
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  23:58:36  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think the best thing is handling.

I will personally sacrifice myself for any other females that would like to try the Skorps and Devilsmistress way.
I will happily keep my hands somewhere to get your scent on them to enable snakes to get used to it.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  04:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think the best thing is handling.

I will personally sacrifice myself for any other females that would like to try the Skorps and Devilsmistress way.
I will happily keep my hands somewhere to get your scent on them to enable snakes to get used to it.

I agree with you Kehhlyr...the 1st part only !!! Trust you to offer the 2nd part !

I feel that you are regularly leaving your scent in the viv when you change the water and straighten the substrate. I would only resort to leaving an item of clothing in the viv if you are having a problem with handling the snake...then you can go down the route of sock in bra!! Skorps suggestion of using a knee high sock and cutting the foot off is perfect cos it can be used as a hide without any fear of the snake getting stuck!

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000