Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  13:41:08  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by ivan.reho

thx for letting me know do you have any advice on the vivarium how i could set it up for 2 corns or is it fine how it is??

if i ever did notice that happen i would spit them up right away as i already got an other viv setup and ready to go my gf is always about and there is always some one home watcing them

Why don't you jsut use that viv.

Im really confused why you would be still risking co-habiting, being a snake lover.

Well... best of luck

Edited by - lmfastcars on 19/12/2009 13:41:45
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  13:57:18  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by ivan.reho

what im trying to do now is change the snakes personalty a bit as the hypo is a very agresive eater and the amel is not as im trying to get the weight of my amel up the same as hypo

do you think this would be a good idea??

You have an Amel and a Carolina(normal).

As it stands, everyone has given you their opinions in regards co-habiting, and you have decided to make your own choice.

One thing I do think you have made a complete and total stuff up on though, is the fact you don't know what sex they are.

I hope you have a penny jar somewhere with a good £300 in it, ready to use at the drop of a hat.
If one turns out to be female and become gravid when they are to young to safely reproduce, then that shows an even bigger irresponsibility in ownership.
A small female stands an incredibly high high chance of becoming egg-bound. An egg-bound female is NOT an easy or cheap fix.

Get at least 2 different EXPERIENCED people to probe/pop you snakes to find out the sex of them.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  14:32:32  Show Profile
NoW Ivan was moand at all day yestorday for his bad manners etc etc now every1 is haveing ago again I can't see any problem with what he is doing there his snakes let him do what he wants with them he is asking fir advice not a fight
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  15:08:47  Show Profile
No ones having a go at him... Wer'e all just voicing our opinions, which i think is what he's asking for.

if you want mine. I'd split them up. they're already showing stress by twitching...

Nicely put Phil and Liam.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  15:14:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

No ones having a go at him... Wer'e all just voicing our opinions, which i think is what he's asking for.

if you want mine. I'd split them up. they're already showing stress by twitching...

Nicely put Phil and Liam.

no there not twitching i said to tango and mango if i saw that happing i would split them

has any one ever been to the jungle reptile shop in iver on this forum???
http://www.pets-classifieds.co.uk/c65d62889.php

Edited by - n/a on 19/12/2009 15:15:05
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  15:40:38  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Tango and mango

there his snakes let him do what he wants with them

No limits?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  15:50:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:

there his snakes let him do what he wants with them

No limits?

what do you mean by no limits i been to a reptile shop today called the jungle its based in iver and all there baby corns are together 3 per tub it was

Edited by - n/a on 19/12/2009 15:51:36
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  17:13:33  Show Profile
They do that to save money and people think 'Awh cute!' and buy it..

What I think BE means is, effectively if their your snakes, which they are, you can do what you wish... such like theyr'e my snakes I might go swing them round my head see what happens kinda attitude.

Think thats what you meant BE?
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  17:40:29  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Yes, it was an odd thing to say, just because someone has bought another living being doesn't mean they can do what they like, in fact, in my opinion, if you take ownership of another life form it is your duty to give it the best life possible.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  18:29:58  Show Profile
I ment it's his snake and can look after how he wants that's what I ment I didn't mean he can swing it around or stand on it etc etc !!!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  18:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:

I ment it's his snake and can look after how he wants that's what I ment I didn't mean he can swing it around or stand on it etc etc !!!

I understood what you meant, and I also will not tolerate arguments on here.

You are correct, they are his and he can do what he wants, but it's incredibly risky, and unfortunately Ivan comes across as asking for opinions, then not listening to anything, so what's the point of asking?

Co-habiting always has been a touchy subject for many on here, some people do it, others don't, but we on a whole don't recommend it and for people to say 'I don't care what you lot say' is generally irresponsible and is something we don't want to see or hear on this forum.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  18:43:27  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I have 2 cats, I want to keep them in a sack, they are mine so I can look after them how I like....

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  18:56:12  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address
quote:

I have 2 cats, I want to keep them in a sack, they are mine so I can look after them how I like....

LoL Well put BE .

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  19:26:52  Show Profile
and unfortunately Ivan comes across as asking for opinions, then not listening to anything, so what's the point of asking?

im not asking as you can see from the first post i will have them togehter as you can see i have done im doing a progresion tink on it but if you have got any advice on what else i can do plzz do say

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  19:28:56  Show Profile
quote:

plzzz help your self there your cats

i really dont mind what what you want to do with your cats im talking bout my corns

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  19:38:49  Show Profile
but im sure them cats wont last very long together like that ;)

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  19:40:08  Show Profile
plz no arguing.

ivan you have your opinions and BE you have yours.

BE, you might be rite (you are) but let ivan learn from his mistakes. wen one of his snake gets to stressed and dies or eats another then he has learnt his lesson and he hopefully wont do it again.

ivan, im not sure asking for advice about keeping corns together is the irte thing to do as if you have read other post on here you will find everyone hates it including me. i was thinking about it last year but read up on it and decided that it was a bad idea. you should have done the same.

BE i like wat you sed about giving them the best possible life you could. wats the point in getting 2 corns and keeping them in the same cage wen you could give them a better quality of life by keeping them seperate. in my opinion it's stupid, if you can afford to buy 2 snakes then you should be able to afford 2 tanks, if you can't afford two tanks then don't buy 2 snakes. simple. give them the best quality of life.

ivan, you would like it if you had to share a 1 bed flat with someone you absolutalty hated would you, smae for corns, they only ever come together in the wild for mating. thats all. and thats all you should be doing, either bringing them togthere for mating (which i wouldn't suggest at this moment in time as they are not adults) or if you have both of them owt together then maybe you can hold them togther but don't keep them together. plz. do it for all of us.

sorry about how long this was but had to get my point across.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 19/12/2009 19:41:19
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  19:47:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

plz no arguing.

ivan you have your opinions and BE you have yours.

BE, you might be rite (you are) but let ivan learn from his mistakes. wen one of his snake gets to stressed and dies or eats another then he has learnt his lesson and he hopefully wont do it again.

ivan, im not sure asking for advice about keeping corns together is the irte thing to do as if you have read other post on here you will find everyone hates it including me. i was thinking about it last year but read up on it and decided that it was a bad idea. you should have done the same.

BE i like wat you sed about giving them the best possible life you could. wats the point in getting 2 corns and keeping them in the same cage wen you could give them a better quality of life by keeping them seperate. in my opinion it's stupid, if you can afford to buy 2 snakes then you should be able to afford 2 tanks, if you can't afford two tanks then don't buy 2 snakes. simple. give them the best quality of life.

ivan, you would like it if you had to share a 1 bed flat with someone you absolutalty hated would you, smae for corns, they only ever come together in the wild for mating. thats all. and thats all you should be doing, either bringing them togthere for mating (which i wouldn't suggest at this moment in time as they are not adults) or if you have both of them owt together then maybe you can hold them togther but don't keep them together. plz. do it for all of us.

sorry about how long this was but had to get my point across.

if this is such a bad thing to bo do y is it all the reptile shops said it ok to do and today i went to a reptile shop called the jungle and they have got so many baby corns together they have been open very long time if it was so bad that they keep on eating each other and dieing

if it was not for people joining forums then alot off snakes would be dead by now im i right ????

y are all them reptile shops say diffrent thats wat i dont get

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  19:52:12  Show Profile
Reptile shops need to keep alot of stock in a small area. To do this, alot of shops house snakes together. They wont do this and then tell you not to keep them together, they would be contradicting themselves.

With small corns the odds of them causing each other harm are higher. Also understand that you are new to keeping snakes and may not notice signs of stress.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  19:57:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Reptile shops need to keep alot of stock in a small area. To do this, alot of shops house snakes together. They wont do this and then tell you not to keep them together, they would be contradicting themselves.

With small corns the odds of them causing each other harm are higher. Also understand that you are new to keeping snakes and may not notice signs of stress.

you dont under stand how many was put together tho would they not loose out on money cos they would die or eat each other

i have been to reptile shops that dont pair them they also say the say y is there such a big debate on this ???

they had 2 adult corns there paired together and the tub was sooo small whats all that about surely they should be stressed and eating eachother

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000