New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2009 :  13:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, me again =)

I wonder if any of you can help me, Emo ate went to his hide and now aprox 40 hours later we have what could be poo or vomit. I have never seen snake poo so dont know how poo like it is but emlo's still looked quite like pinkies abit a bit yucky. Is that what snake poo is like or did he vomit up his pinkies again? Im so confused. A photo would help, i know its gross sorry lol

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2009 :  16:03:21  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if it whiffs a bit then its poo.

if the smell hits you like a nine inch nail going through your eyeball then its a regurged pinky

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2009 :  16:40:19  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

if it whiffs a bit then its poo.

if the smell hits you like a nine inch nail going through your eyeball then its a regurged pinky

thats graphic but true.

have you checked your temps?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2009 :  17:43:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks hopefully this is the last time and we have better luck next feed. I have a stat now and i guess I have to wait 10 days before i try again. =( I dont think i am very good at keeping snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  05:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Logan, you cant have had Elmo for 3 weeks yet...so you cant say that you dont think you are very good at keeping snakes! It is all a learning process and you are doing the right thing by coming on here and asking questions.

What you need to double check is that the temps in the viv are ok, because that can seriously affect a snake's digestion.

I would think that if you are in any doubt whether it is poo or regurge then it is regurge...generally poo looks like poo should, a squirt of yellow liquid and then brown poo like substance that is squeezed out (sorry to be graphic but it needs describing).

Definitely wait the 10 days so that Elmo's gut can settle down before feeding him again. When he feeds does he take the pinkie well?

Just try and give as much info as possible and you will get the best advice, especially from GingerPony...who is like our vet guru!!

Hope Elmo is ok, will be thinking of you both.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000