bathing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  02:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello i was wondering if snakes like to go in the bath, is it good for them? i would assume yes because they get a good rinse but also excercise... let me no and if so... how deep should water be and how often should i put him in?

Ghost Corn Snake - Monty

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  04:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think it differs with each snake. Sometimes you have to do it...when they have mites, but quite a few of us do it for the snakes pleasure, cleaning and exercise. All you can do it try Monty out and see how he reacts.

Use shallow water so the snake can keep its head above the water. And the temperature should be no warmer than the warm end of the viv. Make sure you use a thermomiter to check the temperature! Let Monty slither about in the water for 10-15 mins. Then remove him and let him slither throught some towels. Or pop him in an old pillow case to dry him as he is only a baby, it just makes it a bit easier to dry them1 Then back in the viv!

A warning...with most snakes having a bath encourages them to poo, it is sometimes used as a way to encourage them to poo if they havent been in a while. It is totally normal and nothing to worry about.

Try it and see!And make sure you report back!

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000