where could a buy a jungle carpet python from
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  22:52:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i live in slough where could i get one from they need the same sort off care as a corn snake dont they ??

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  22:58:40  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oooh! to deal with they're a completely different 'beast' altogether!

due to their size as adults they really need heating with a ceramic/IR/rep rad/AHS or similar as they're larger and heavier-bodied than corns. they like to perch and are freequently on display, and can be a bit nippy and definitely require more thought and tact when you're dealing with them in general.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  23:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
adults are only average size off 8 foot aint they?? do you know where i could buy them from they are so stunning i love the black and yellow colours

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  09:54:34  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've also heard they are aggressive without proper handling, not like corns at all.

They may only be 8ft in length, but they are a bit bulkier than a corn so harder to handle. They also need a arboreal viv set up with height for climbing.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  10:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but they can be tamed easy cant they?? i would have no problem with the viv i enjoy building them so its all part off the fun

is it the same sort off care they need as corn snakes like heating feeding and soo they just differ in size and aggresion dont they sorry bout the bad spelling

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  16:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl (golgarth on the reptillian) is one to speak to. He took on a stunner and it was nippy but tamed down within a month and a half with stab proof gloves and jacket on.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  18:34:09  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you need to monitor humidity an well as ground and ambiant temperature, they got f++king sharp fang like teeth in the roof of the mouths that hurt (trust me!!!!) they can very flinchy an curl up ready to strike if you handle then wrong, they can be fussy eatiers even turning there nosed up at mice

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  19:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to mention their sheer power, I read in fact it was Karl's JCP that cut of the circulation to his hand when he decided to grip..
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  21:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow very strong i would like to raise it from a baby that would be a good advantage i beleave so does any one know where bouts i could get one from?? i really want one

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000