corns and geckos sharing viv
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  22:02:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
right they would be in a double stack viv corns at the bottom and geckos at the top just wondering would the corns be ok with that?? can they smell them

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  22:07:44  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They'd probably be able to smell them, but as long as they never come into contact with each other it shouldn't be a problem to house them in a stack

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  22:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awww awsome but if they can smell them would the corns not get stressed??

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  22:32:55  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i can't say from experience as my geckos are downstairs and my snakes are all upstairs in the bedroom BUT...

i've kept a variety of snake species in viv stacks in the same room and i've never had a problem EXCEPT when i had a Japanese ratsnake.......and that seemed to get them all 'on edge' and a bit uptight and stressed, then they all chilled out when i sold it on..........coincidence?
it was, without doubt, the worst snake i ever owned and definitely put me off keeping any other types of ratsnake!! lol

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  22:51:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh right ok

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  22:53:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok that wasn't hugely helpful lol but i think it should be fine if they're actually in separate vivs

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  23:59:14  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We seem to have more and more peeps coming on now with Q's about different creatures in the same room. So far in all my ventures to different forums GP is the only one that has PERSONALLY had issues and stated that it may have been a coincidence. So your best bet is try it and see how it goes. I have a Corn, A Leopard Gecko, Gerbils and Tropical Fish, my only real concern is that my fish might attack my Corn?!?!?!?

No, on a serious note if yo are worried about then put the Corn at the bottom of the stack, if there is any smell then technically any smells from the Leo should rise with heat, that's my theory and what I will be doing anyway.

Just took a second look at your title as well, SHARING a viv? As in the same viv, or the same stack in different vivs?If it's the same viv, and split in half, personally I wouldn't risk it.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.

Edited by - LittleMick on 13/12/2009 00:06:03
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  05:55:24  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If they are sharing a rack but in different vivs then they will be fine. My old square rack was layed out as follows:
Top left = Baby Bosc Monitor
Top right = Leopard Gex
Bottom left = Adult Corn
Bottom right = Royal Python

The only one that even got stressed was the bosc when he was having a day's fasting but he would even get stressed if we sat in the room with a bacon sarnie . Chances are that they wouldn't have a clue what each other was anyways. Just keep an eye on their feeding but it should go fine.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  16:43:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They wont encounter each other in the wild, so will be totally oblivious. (theoretically) to each other.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000