Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  16:16:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeh i get it all the time! im a real girly girl and most of my friends are so u can imagine the reactions i get from them! Im also a student nurse and have been warned by lecturers about the whole salmonella thing but the lecturer who told me could barely say snakes without shuddering, she was that scared! Xx
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  16:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed Cat, I am scared to death of spids!!

Just plain ignorance and mis understanding is pathetic.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  17:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I think you're awesome, they're jealous because you're smarter than them but you're also more unique and interesting. At least your not a boring old clone!
I brought my pet garden snail herby to school a few weeks ago because her shell had cracked and i had to keep an eye on her and bath her regurly and make sure she was eating. she's really tiny so i put her in a little tubaware box and looked after her secretly in the toilets :)
But I got a bit big for my boots and she was crawling on my hands under the table in english and someone saw the whole class was freaking out (i got to an all girls school)
You could always tell people that your snake is deadly so they have to be nice to you!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  17:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I HATE TOADS! I have one in my garden when it opens it's mouth I think it's gonna eat me!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  22:40:24  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol i was just reading through this post and i was thinking that i would tell peoplethat it could munch them up in seconds llol :D good tactic

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  11:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hillzi. Ignore the laughs and the sniggers. You're out of their frame of reference, and even those who pride themselves on being open to unusual things or "different" people aren't always willing to accept those things they themselves don't agree or approve of. You are not there to please anyone and you don't need anyone else's approval to be who you are. Only, choose your friends carefully and always prefer to be called a wierdo to your face rather than have someone pretend to be your friend and then call you a wierdo behind your back.

P.S. If any of your teachers ridicules you, complain to the head of the year or even higher up.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  14:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I told him kindly, to shut up, but ruder..

One goes to me a few weeks ago, he lives on farm.

Him: "you stabbed them for me yet?"
Me: "you stabbed your cows yet? made me my burgers yet?"
Him: "no.. freak"
Me: "exactly.."

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2009 :  08:59:44  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

I don't think I get picked on, but that might be because I've always been a weirdo anyway, so they expect me to have a exotic pet like a snake anyway.

It's the toad keeping that gets the most funny looks.

I'll agree wit hyou on this Kaz. I've always been the ffreaaak so people kinda jsut shrug and go "oh a lizard. not really a surpsie"

it's when i list off the 7 chickens, horse, fish, and the rest of the zoo that their jaws start to drop lol

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  05:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its strange...my kids havent had any bad reactions at all to having a snake, other than the occasional 'eww', especially when they talk about feeding. If anything they are converting their friends to snake lovers at the rate of knots!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  18:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I once got off work early by saying that I had to feed my snake that night.
After the usual" What does it eat" questions, I thought I'd throw in " need to go early 'cos you wouldn't like to see a hungry, angry snake".
Needless to say, I was allowed home there and then.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  19:15:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol, thats a good one. must get my mum to try that one. see wat they.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000