Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  16:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CGD?

Well done for saving up mate. i oughta learn from you.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  16:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
crested gecko diet. its like a powder form thing that i feed to luna (in my sig) that you mix to water. i have had the money from last birthday and have not spent any money apart from buying luna in september spenging about 100 quid on her. save.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  18:58:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well done for saving up mate. i oughta learn from you.

Yeah, ditto. Well done Danny. It's rare to find someone so young who's doing so well with their money. It looks like you are really responsible which makes a little more sense why you're stressed about Mum saying no so far.

I agree with everything Kellog has said - really good advice there. It's worth having a conversation with your Mum to find out whether it's 'no' now but maybe 'yes' later and if it is no, why is it no. Stay really calm 'and listen to her concerns. Maybe she just doesn't understand why you want another corn when you already have one (other owners will understand immediately why but not necessarily non-owners!)

Hopefully she will decide in your favour eventually but if not, I'm afraid the bottom line is that all the time it's your mum's home, she makes the rules. Your mum letting you have even one snake is immensely cool in my book - the majority of mums would say no way, so try to be happy with that.

Also, as a Mum and an X Factor fan I must say - the adverts is NOT the time to have an important conversation which may continue on whilst Joe is singing. That way leads death and destruction.

Good luck.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  19:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't see why she sed no though. wen i was going to doncaster in sept she had originally sed i could get a crestie and a royal. i decided to just get the crestie but now i want another corn. why? i love them. she now wont let me gt one

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  19:13:38  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Give it time

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  20:31:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

i don't see why she sed no though. wen i was going to doncaster in sept she had originally sed i could get a crestie and a royal. i decided to just get the crestie but now i want another corn. why? i love them. she now wont let me gt one

Have you reminded her of that promise? In all fairness, she really should give you a reason. I hope she does, because if your room is now fixed and she's still resisting, well....

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  22:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've put alot more effort in to winning your mum over than I ever did. You definatly deserve to get your new snake

0.1.0 Anary Corn snake
0.1.0 Cremsicle Corn snake
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko
1.0.0 Russian Tortoise
0.1.0 African Pygmy Hedgehog
0.1.0 German Shepard
0.1.0 Welsh Border Colly
0.0.16 Great Crested Newts
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  02:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am really impressed with you reptiledanny. You show so much maturity in the way you have researched and cared for Monty and the way you have saved your money, working out all the costs and everything. Lots of adults dont even do that. If I was your mum I would be proud of you!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  12:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Danny, I have the same problem with my dad, and I'm 21....

His best reason to date has been- "because I said so". You sound like you are doing a fantastic job, but try not to get too disheartened if your mum still refuses to give in. Sometimes parents are as stubborn as mules because they don't want to lose face or seem like a pushover.

If you make it seem like her idea or like she will be getting something out of it (eg: you will take on the washing of the kitchen floor from now on) then maybe she would soften toward the whole thought. Good luck! x

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  14:01:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

His best reason to date has been- "because I said so".

I get angry when I hear such replies they are unacceptable and are an effort to assert control. I'm not saying a parent should justify themselves, but I am saying that when I hear such a response from anyone I lose respect for that person. If they don't want to share they can always say, "I don't want to get into the reasons at this point, I understand it's frustrating and I'm not doing it to you intentionally, it's just that right now is not a good time and it's not because your wishes are not sufficiently important to me." And, promise to open the subject again when things change. Something like that, anything, just not leave the other person with the unfair "because I said so."

quote:
Sometimes parents are as stubborn as mules because they don't want to lose face or seem like a pushover.

I think you are right, and it's annoying that they don't see their preoccupation with how they seem on the outside actually resulsts in unnecessary frustraion to others.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  17:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats wat my mum sed. it was "wait till we done your bedrrom up....." she ahs been saying we will do my bedroom up for 6 months now and wen i bring up the topic she just says "i dunno y" wen i ask her wen we r gunna do it. i will speak to her tonite but i bet she will say wait till your dad gets home from afganistan and we will talk then, then might be too late for the one i wanty!

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  18:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ok. It sounds like she doesn't want to deal with it right now and is trying to duck down from under. Which makes me wonder if she's got a lot on her mind right now, worrying about your dad being away, feeling she's got too much on her hands already, something. And, does she feel you're too young to talk to and tell what's really bothering her.

I'll tell you what the Hawk did one day, some months ago. He came over to me and asked if he could have a word. He then reminded me he wasn't a baby anymore and could handle more than I was perhaps giving him credit for. He then looked me in the eye, told me some of his observations of what was going on, and asked directly: "What's wrong?" So I told him.

I don't know if this kind of thing would work with your mum, but perhaps it's worth talking to her, without mentioning the snake and not in order to get her to allow you to get the snake, but for the purpose of finding out what goes on and seeing if you can make a difference for the better. If this also results in her allowing the snake, great. But it's worth it even if all you get at this point is knowing what she's really concerned about and the two of you being more of a unit rather than two individuals each trying to solve a problem.

How does all of this sound?
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  18:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does not make any sence. you have to remember that i am 14 and am rubbish at english. explain that agia in english plz. my dad works away every week and comutes up to manchester every weekend. hard. i think i now wat your trying to say. my mum mite be upset or have something on her mind and she might need to talk about it and thinks she can't talk to me. is that it. im jst gunna wait till this weekend wen my dads back and then speak to them.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  19:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont even live at home anymore and i still get disaproving looks and "if you ever move back home you better get rid of them!" hope all goes well for you hun and remember she's only human and like everyone says, you need to prove your maturity to her. think your doing a great job saving and planning ahead so your part way there! xx
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  19:54:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks all, you've all been so helpfull. i just hope she says yes. it's so nice to speak to people about it all. i have my fingers crossed. hope you all do. do you now wat is even nicer. i ahev made a hot topic. it feels so good. awsome. i just hope i get the snake i would like. if not then i will wait till next year and get 2 instead. a male caramel stripe and an amel stripe both het for each hopefully. but, lets just see wat the future brings.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  20:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ok, let us know what happens.

And, I do remember your age. You're the same age as the Hawk.

Fingers crossed for you.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  20:31:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but hawkeye, your 47 it says on your profile. i have monty owt at the mo. he is being a rite twit. he keepes slithering across the keyboard and because its a laptop he moves across the pad and the mouse moves. anoying twit. i love him thouugh. my baby. i will have somemore pics of him soon as he is about to shed but unfortunatly dads got camera in afgan so can't get pics before shed and after.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  03:56:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know Hawkeye seems confusing, but she is actually 2 people!! Hawk is her 14yr old son who posts on here sometimes and Eye is the mum who is the main poster, Hawk/Eye = Son/Mother

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 03/12/2009 10:04:23
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  07:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh ok i get it. sorry. ye but at least your mum hawk likes snakes as well. mine used to be scared of them then started to get over her fear wen got monty but i don't think she has fully got over her fear

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Xitania
Snake Mite

Malta
35 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  09:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can understand why you want that snake so badly, she/he is really beautiful. Hope you manage to convince your mum.

Anerythristic Corn Snake - %Cole%
Okeetee Cross Corn Snake - %Shady%
King Snake - %Cyrus%
2 dogs - %Monty% and %Mexie%
and my precious friend and partner Thoroughbred cross - %Xitan%
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page