Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  20:28:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am about to ask my mum if i can get a new corn. next x-factor break and shes mine. fingers crossed.

***moved out of Photos by GP***

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Edited by - gingerpony on 06/12/2009 07:11:12

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  20:35:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck!

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  20:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unfortunatly that didn't work. she sed no. she came up with some ***** excuse that we have to do my bedroom up first. as if doinn my bedroom up is gunna stop me from getting a corn and as if a corn snake is gunna stop me doin ma bedroom up. i really do hate her at the moment cuz i have been hinting for days that i awanted a new one and she let me put ma anem down for one. then i found one that i loved and she sed no. *****.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  21:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't hate her, you gotta respect her for letting you have Monty in the first place mate.

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  21:42:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont hate her,like hillzi said at least she has let you have one in the first place
at least its a goal - sort your room out and maybe she will fold!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  05:30:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You mustnt hate her reptiledanny, she is just being a mum and they can be very frustrating...I know, I have one and I am one! Instead of keep hinting and getting upset when she says no, take your time, show her how responsible you are, keep your bedroom spotless...in other words be the perfect son. Handle Monty a lot when she is around and show how much you enjoy it, and thank her for letting you get him....in other words take the slow, steady and subtle route rather than pressure her.
Hillzi and HannahB are right, at least she let you have Monty....give her time, you havent had him too long and I am sure she is worried it is a 'phase' you are going to grow out of.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

531 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  08:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww sorry to hear that ..I agree dont hate your mum she is the only one you got and she loves you very much ....try getting you mum involved with monty as well let her hold him and that if she likes them ...Maybe then she will come round but definatley show her how resposible you you can be goodluck

Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  08:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If none of the above works, Then do what i did... MOVE OUT!!!

Lol.

I hated my parents for most of my time i spent living with them, i moved out 2 years ago, aged 18 and we have got on soooo well since!

How old are you?

I think there gets a point with some people when living at home past a certain age is a no-no. At my house there were 4 adults (or at least i thought i was an adult) under the same roof, and it wasnt working.

Good luck anyway

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  08:49:45  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aww danny i know it sucks mate, but while you're livi9ng wit hher its her decision in the end. I still live wit hmy mum, and no amount of hinting or out right begging will get me my corn or BTS. So I've started a small saving account for when I move out that I can use to fulfill my wish list. It's killing me atm, but you wait a few years and I'll be swimming in scales

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  09:25:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

I think there gets a point with some people when living at home past a certain age is a no-no. At my house there were 4 adults (or at least i thought i was an adult) under the same roof, and it wasnt working.

That can be bloody hard work can't it??
About 18 months ago I gave up my old house for this little flat.

I went from my lovely 5 bed semi into a 3 bed flat.
Try having a nice big house and having the missus AND her 2 over 18 year old kids move in with you, that's hard work!!!

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  11:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sorry to hear that. I'm a mother too but the general idea here is that a grown up who's decided to have kids should bear in mind the kid's preferences could well be different to their own, and for fairness sake the grown up should be willing to endure some inconvenience if needed so that the kids too can have their own space and freedom of choice.

There are ways of dealing with it now: one, tell her ok, when do we do my room, because I want to have some prediction on this whole thing. Let's get going with the room now so that I know when I can have the next snake. If she goes with that, you're on your way to the next snake. If she doesn't, and it's all really just an excuse, come back and tell us. Perhaps we can help: the Hawk here (see my profile) is exactly your age, so I'm in the perfect position to think like "the enemy" and help you move things along.

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  14:45:02  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aww you will have to show her that your able to help out around the house then maybe she will let you get another

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  15:05:03  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Sorry to hear that. I'm a mother too but the general idea here is that a grown up who's decided to have kids should bear in mind the kid's preferences could well be different to their own, and for fairness sake the grown up should be willing to endure some inconvenience if needed so that the kids too can have their own space and freedom of choice......

Pffft, I run on the same rules as the old cliche. 'My house, my rules'
There is no greater feeling than having your parents round and telling them that.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  17:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Kehhlyr, you wouldn't last a day with my gang with that attitude. My own father tried that on the tribe, I dare not tell in public what happened next.

But I'll tell you this: my own gang come and ask what they can do to help rather than need to be asked and enforced, and unless they get into the kind of mood where I have to look like I'm gonna actually get up from my chair, we actually live here not to badly. The small sacrifice of not being able to bring anyone into the house for health and safety reasons is a small price to pay for their happiness.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  17:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Sorry to hear that. I'm a mother too but the general idea here is that a grown up who's decided to have kids should bear in mind the kid's preferences could well be different to their own, and for fairness sake the grown up should be willing to endure some inconvenience if needed so that the kids too can have their own space and freedom of choice.

There are ways of dealing with it now: one, tell her ok, when do we do my room, because I want to have some prediction on this whole thing. Let's get going with the room now so that I know when I can have the next snake. If she goes with that, you're on your way to the next snake. If she doesn't, and it's all really just an excuse, come back and tell us. Perhaps we can help: the Hawk here (see my profile) is exactly your age, so I'm in the perfect position to think like "the enemy" and help you move things along.

i did this. i did it the chicken way though. i was at school and thought id text her asking wen we were going to do my room. she sed she dunno and then asked y. i replied becuase you sed wen i did my room up i cud get one. she replied "can i speak to your first" who is at the moment in afganistan. i then replied. then i sed k. love you. she then replied luv u too. she then sed wen is the deadline 2 let the women now i want it. i sed there wasn't. it was in a shop so anyone could buy it and i couldn'tt reserve it unless i payed for 25% of the snake, non refundable. i am waiting to see wat she says. wen i got home from school she didn't say anything. she then went to work and i am waiting for her to get home at 8.00. by the way i am 14 so moving out isn't an option. this is the one i want.
http://www.hissnhers.co.uk/resources/P09195.JPG
i love the little stripe thing on his neck. lovely. he will be mine hopefully. all mine.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  18:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm moving out A.S.A.P social reasons.

TECHNICALLY we can move out at 16, our parents are still legally obliged to pay our expenses and look after us, but its their decision, like they give us their consent to marry at 16.

i'm pretty lucky. step sister fought my battle, she got a dog, them my step mum goes 'well you can have a pet too' my response 'ANY PET!? even a snake?", "Yes, as long as it isn't some 20ft beast".

Keep going mate. Don't keep harping on about it though if she says no. She may decide to just say NO. and then you will be stuck.

note - (I'm a year older than you, i know from experience.. ;))
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  19:21:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have just- sweeped and hovered all the floors. mopped up everywhere and made some gorgeous chocolate muffins. think that will help. everything is cleaned.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  22:32:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha chocolate muffins!

Get her drunk and make her order you one.

Also you may want to tape/record her saying 'you can have a snake' and use that as blackmail.
muahah!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  04:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talking about moving out is just not helpful and neither is talking about ways to manipulate your mum, especially considering your age. You need to work out a way to work with your mum, as has already been said you only have one mum and that relationship is precious. I think the idea of working with her about decorating your room, arranging it, helping plan it, maybe even donate towards it if you can - show how responsible and committed you are towards it and not just cos it is a way to get your snake. I know you are desperate to get this particular snake but pushing pressure on your mum about it will only get her to dig her heels in and be more stubborn.

You shouldn't have texted her the way you did, but what you said was perfect...it just should have been done face to face. Then you wouldnt have been left having to bring subject up again.

I think Punk and Tilly have given you the best advise. It may be that you are going to have to accept that now is not the right time and you cant let that damage your relationship with your mum. You need to show her how responsible and helpful you are (love the chocolate muffins idea). And showing her how much Monty means to you and getting her involved in handling him will help your cause as well.

You know your mum best, you know and love her. Hang on to that and use it to help you get what you want and also to accept it if it doesnt work out just now.

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 01/12/2009 04:51:47
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  08:19:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a thought - who would be paying for this new snake and stat and viv and food etc etc? Do you have a job at age 14 that will cover all this?

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  16:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

Just a thought - who would be paying for this new snake and stat and viv and food etc etc? Do you have a job at age 14 that will cover all this?

me. i ahve saved money up for this. i have a spare faun that monty used to live in and a spare heat mat. can get a cheap stat and i pay for food. i have money saved up. snake is 40, i have 190. that leaves me with 150 till next may wen i get birthday money. i also sometimes get money off mum for doing good job in the week.. so i can afford to look after one more rep. 2 snakes and a gecko. gecko doesn't cost much. CGD lasts about 5 months. snake food cost me 4 quid and last me 10 weeks. 4 more quid is fine. i have thought all the money side through and i can afford it. i also have a spare 2 ft tank avialable wen it needs to move up.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000