Racking systems?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2009 :  21:13:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all I'm new to this forum I was wondering what sort of racking systems you guys and girls have? I'm thinking of creating a snake house in an outbuilding. I have seen alot of racking systems on you tube with the shelving and plastic tubs is that a nice way to keep snakes? or would it be better to build what I'd call a "propper" vivarium rack's?

Any suggestions/pictures of what you have would be fantastic!

Anyway this is a great forum and I hope to hear from you all.

Chris

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2009 :  21:18:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, welcome Chris.

I don't use stacks, ask eeji.

I find viv's stack on each other well anyway, that'd be good, but how would you plan to heat the outbuilding?

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2009 :  23:02:59  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i use a home made 'system' - basically a shelf unit made from conti board with a groove routered in each shelf for heat cable to run inside, then Really Useful Boxes slide onto the shelves.

I just finished a new build with room for 30 x 50L rubs so no pics as yet, but heres a pic of the older smaller unit i had:

that one used mats (was only meant to be 'temporary'!) so theres a big mess of wires. I'll get some pics of the new one if i remember tomorrow :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2009 :  19:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi cheers for the replies! As for heating the outbuilding that Will be my first challange to sort befor even thinking about adding the racks. Its going to ba a case of getting it well insulated and adding some sort of heating system possibly storage heaters. It will all have to be tested to make sure temps will be ok over a winter period first. That racking system looks pretty awsome I look forward to seeing your new one!!

chris
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2009 :  19:36:05  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

I don't use stacks, ask eeji.

hillzi, i think you'll find eeji uses racks not stacks........totally different hun

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000