Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  19:43:07  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i know someone was selling abbotts line for £80 a pair last year but they didn't have the usual huge black borders (still pukka okeetees though) :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  21:30:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okeetee's arent a morph themselves, they are a locality. Any normal corn can be labelled an okeetee if it matches that of the locality, ie thick black borders etc.
Creamsicles are a hybrid yes, they are amelanistic corn x great plains.
the 'name' jungle corn is used to describe a corn x californian kingsnake, this is not an accurate description for any other crosses.
I.e I have a number of corn x durango mountain kingsnakes, to describe these as jungles would be wrong.
These havent been done very much, and are known as Mettalics, due to their variable nature, and their metallic colours!
Snake Bytes are based in america, to buy from them would cost you a small fortune in shipping costs.

Jungle corns are quite common, but a lot of people are put off by the fact they are hybrids, not true corns.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  23:02:22  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

.....Any normal corn can be labelled an okeetee if it matches that of the locality, ie thick black borders etc........

that depends who you talk to - labelling a corn that looks okeetee but isn't is essentially misleading.
Any 'other' normal corn that looks like an okeetee is just a nice normal.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  11:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, its not, the okeetee is not a morph, its a locality, its a normal corn from the area that has thicker black borders, yes they are specifically now for that look, but originally the name denotes the locality, same as miami, and upper keys or rosy corn.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  19:38:47  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i know its a locality, what i mean is that would be like calling a biak GTP a sarong :S

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  21:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
agreed, i appear to be having some issues today with my words and wording, i do apologise, hopefully i will get my act together tommoro!

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2010 :  06:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I probably shouldn't have agreed! Lol.
The biak and sarong are 2 different snake completely, like saying a miami is an okeetee, blatantly not. A corn that is hatched in arizona can have the markings of an okeetee, doesn't mean it is, but the original okeetee has the similar pattern, so its labelled an okeetee because it looks the same.
A reverse okeetee is an amel with white borders instead of black, Its by no means a true okeetee, but its carrying the pattern. I have a pic if you want.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2010 :  19:22:57  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think its all down to 'labels' and personal preference for a lot of names, eg. i have a normal that looks very okeetee-ish but I still call her a normal ;) :)

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2010 :  06:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And you would be right, an okeetee is a normal!

Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  12:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, just caught up on this thread.

Thanks for the replies.

I was aware that an Okeetee was a normal that had thicker black borders, but i thought that this THEN makes it an Okeetee? And no longer a normal.

But i guess that it would be difficult to know where to draw the line between an Okeetee and a Normal with slightly thicker borders than normal.

Does anyone know what you could expect to pay for a good okeetee?

Thanks

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  16:23:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not really sure on the prices really am afraid.
Having the thick black borders does make in a 'okeetee' but its still a normal, same as 'miami', 'carolina' 'rosy rat' etc. Just because it has a name doesn't mean its not normal, its just not a carolina!

Edited by - mikerichards on 18/02/2010 16:23:52
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  17:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only one outta them vaguely hard to come by would be an okeetee- But then this depends on your definition of okeetee - I personally wouldn't say anything is okeetee without a solid fairly thick continuous black border around the saddles... and yeah, as everyone has already pointed out, jungle corns are ten a penny. You want a nice sunkissed lav or coral snow... i want one and cant find one lol !!

KLOE&ASH

- 0.0.1 Wild-type Seanna - 0.1 Amel Stripe Brooke - 0.0.1 Snow Stripe Brogan - 1.0 Butter Stripe Bailey - 2.2.3 Crested Geckos (Assorted morphs) -
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000