Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  08:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone give me a rough idea of how rare the following morphs are? I appreciate that some of these are crosses with other types of Snake...

Jungle Corn (Corn x King Snake)
Creamsicle Corn (Corn x Great Plains Rat Snake)
Okeetee Corn Snake

Not looking to expand just yet but really like these for the future,

Thanks

Gaz

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter

Jo-And-Danny
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  10:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the reptile shop i got my amel male from always have okeetee's in, and are £35 - £40, so i'm guessing not that rare

~The Zoo~
Freddie // Ghost corn
Brittany // Collie cross dog
Billie // BSH Cat
Millie // BSH Cat
Some Tropical Fishiesss

Wish List......
Another doggy
Royal Python (norm or pastel)
More Fishiesss!!
Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  11:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome, Thanks.

Is there a big reptile centre in the Midlands does anyone know? With lots of different corn morphs? The once in Stoke on Trent are just pet shops with a reptile section and only usually have amels and snows.

Thanks

Gaz

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  11:55:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are 3 or 4 reptile shops in Nottingham.

Jungle and Creamsicle are hybrids, not morphs though.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  11:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, that was the word i was looking for, for the 'cross breeds'.

Are hybrids easy to come by?

Thanks

Gaz

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  13:56:40  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
creamsicles are quite common, but you might struggle to find jungles as theres not many breeders making these.

you will have to be careful with buying 'okeetee' if thats what you want, many shops will label any old normal as okeetee, so you may be better off finding a reputable breeder for these

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  16:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was looking at Okeetees a few weeks ago online and they looked like normal corns and some were reverse okeetee.

I will deffinitely try to find one on here from a reputable breeder.

How much would you be expected to pay for a true Okeetee? And what about Jungle and Creamsicle?

Thanks for the help

Gaz

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  22:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry not sure how rare the morphs are but i do live in matlock, derbyshire and we always go to the Mill garden centre in Chesterfield. Huge selection of snakes and hatchlings and the staff are great, will probe snakes for free and will even put you in touch with breeders if they dont have what your looking for. heres their webiste with address etc:
deleted!!!Hope that helps! xx

Edited by - gingerpony on 01/02/2010 20:35:30
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2009 :  22:56:08  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i know someone selling a pair of Abbotts Okeetees if you're interested (she's in Sheffield)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2009 :  18:47:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replys.

Rose - Thats not a million miles from me, i used to live in derbyshire. Thanks alot!

Eeji - Thanks but im not looking for another corn just yet, only just got my first hatchling last week, just thinking about it!

Thanks

Gaz

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2009 :  20:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never knew creamsicles were hybrids, wow.

Theyr'e fairly common, along with okeetee. Kazerlewy have a reverse okeetee, which is a stunning snake but i do agree with eeji, due to corns being crossed with kings to make the jungle corn, the risk is high if the breeders switch snakes at the wrong time and the king may fancy corn pie..
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  20:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Is there a big reptile centre in the Midlands does anyone know? With lots of different corn morphs? The once in Stoke on Trent are just pet shops with a reptile section and only usually have amels and snows.

Hi Gaz

Have you tried Glovers on City Road in Fenton. I moved out of SoT 5 years ago but they were choc full of Reps, snakes and fishies the last time I visited. Well worth a look. You could also try 'Scales and Tails' and 'Rainforest Reptiles' (both in Leicester about an hour & a half from you - It's a drive I do a lot to visit the in-laws). They're both well stocked and usually have a good range of Corns of varying Morphs. Call ahead though before you make a trip.

xx

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

56 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  19:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're based in Notts, and will be breeding a fair few different morphs this year, including Okeetees (Kathy Love line). So genuine Okeetees, not normals :)

http://masonexotics.co.uk/corns.aspx

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  19:55:23  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I saw that 888 reptiles were doing jungle corns a couple of days ago, but I'm not too fond of the choose and not view buying of reptiles. I like to know what I'm buying is a healthy animal ;)

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  10:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
go on u tube type in snake bites tv they will have any kind of snake u want if u can find there site

Go to Top of Page

King_Kruss
Egg

United Kingdom
87 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  17:41:42  Show Profile  Click to see King_Kruss's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey all. hybrid's i have fpund are 10 a penny people are always expreimenting with differant breeds for dif colours. i paid a tenna for mt corn / great plains rat snake, granted he was a bit "frisky" but he is great. hope this helps

0.1 Normal Corn, Xena (CB01)
1.0 Anery Corn, Manson (CB05)
1.0 Ghost Corn, Jayger (CB06)
0.1 Snow Corn, Rellik (CB08)
0.1 Anery Corn, Pandora (CB09)
1.0 Rat x Corn, Optimus (CB09)
0.1 Royal Python, Ophelia (CB09)
0.3 Cats, Milly, Phoebe, Smooch
0.1 Labrador, Sasha
2.3 Mice
and a bowl of fish
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  15:13:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
None of them are particularly 'rare' really.... Try Terrazzos' or Green spot snows or other selectively bred lines.. If you like okeetees take a look at abbotts okeetees! They're stunners... Even they're not really 'rare...' Not forgetting the Tessera, so rare it's genetics aren't entirely known!! =]
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  19:00:50  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tessera was proven as simple dominant last season ;)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  20:38:26  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rose2191

Sorry not sure how rare the morphs are but i do live in matlock, derbyshire and we always go to the Mill garden centre in Chesterfield. Huge selection of snakes and hatchlings and the staff are great, will probe snakes for free and will even put you in touch with breeders if they dont have what your looking for. heres their webiste with address etc:
deleted!!!Hope that helps! xx

having been there i would definitely NOT recommend the place!!
i went needing some mice and rats but having had a good look round, overheard the staff spouting utter rubbish at people that don't know any better i wouldn't even part with my cash to the place to buy frozen food, let alone buy a rep from there or take their shop assistants' advice!!

i'm only glad it wasn't my petrol that was spent driving down!!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  20:40:07  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sami

We're based in Notts, and will be breeding a fair few different morphs this year, including Okeetees (Kathy Love line). So genuine Okeetees, not normals :)

http://masonexotics.co.uk/corns.aspx

genuine okeetees are hard to come by so i'd class them as reasonably rare...........as are good miamis..............

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  13:15:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GP - What do you think would be a good price for a Genuine Okeetee?

Thanks

Gaz

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000