Snakes on a plane
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  17:29:18  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was watching snakes on a plane last night and i was wondering if anyone new what snakes they used becasue i thought they looked alot like ball pythons and the smaller ones look liked grass snakes but i wasnt sure any ideas?

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  18:04:43  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Snakes

More than 450 snakes were used for filming to represent thirty different species of snakes.[17] The different species include a 19-foot Burmese python named Kitty (which the crew called Kong for film purposes), a Scarlet Kingsnake (the non-venomous double for the coral snake), a milk snake to fill in for the Taipan (which attacks the couple having sex), corn snakes, rattlesnakes, and mangrove snakes.[18] About two-thirds of the snakes seen throughout the film were either animatronic or computer generated.[18] The snakes that were real were mostly the non-venomous ones that are never seen attacking anyone. The scenes where someone is clearly bitten were often done with the most animation. According to the DVD, all the snakes had production names, but only Scarface (an animated pit viper), Peanut (a cobra), and Kong are mentioned by name in the audio commentary. During filming, Jackson did not come into contact with any live snakes, due to a contract clause preventing snakes from being within 25 feet (8 m) of the actor.[5]

Found this on Wiki

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  18:09:24  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Most of the snakes were CGI. (computer Generated Imagery)

But there were cornsnakes, milksnakes, from recollection there was a king or 2 as well.

I haven't watched it for ages, I'm sure that someone that might have watched it more recently will have a better memory.

I thought the question seemed familiar. http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2197

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  18:14:09  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thabnks guys really help ful :) Is it the same sort of thing for snakes ona train as well?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000