me and the teritorial army
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  17:03:51  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
After a while thinking anout it and some really iriatating things to think about........I decided to join the TA. Yes, ok, I know i have to get a lot more fiter first but im starting that on a proper period 2moz...............

Looked at a few jobs on the ta website and in the end i want to end up doing some work in the line of port operations.

WISH ME LUCK

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  17:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Well done you, a worthwhile thing to do! Best of luck, sure you will be fine! x

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  18:04:36  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cheers
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  18:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats a really cool thing to aim for
good luck!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  19:25:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So are you looking at joining the RLC, if so the fitness level is not unachievable.

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  19:30:18  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice one!
Good luck

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  19:46:49  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by Stumpy

So are you looking at joining the RLC, if so the fitness level is not unachievable.

lol .

Edited by - Paulusworm on 17/11/2009 19:47:41
Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  23:52:13  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stumpy

What do u mean
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  05:02:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think it is great that you have made this decision Dibzy, especially as you have obviously put some serious thought into it. Just take it steady now and work out a sensible fitness regime that you can begin to build on slowly. I know you can do this if you really put your mind to it!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  10:31:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The main test is a three mile run, First half as a squad and the second half individual total time is I believe 29 minutes.
I was running those times in my late 30's.
Even quicker when I did my Corporals course

Edited by - Stumpy on 18/11/2009 10:32:29
Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  16:06:54  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
stumpy whats the other test as i heard there were 3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

75 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  18:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I walked 20miles in one day, ask me to run, haha! no! lol
good luck, you will do it, esp if you have your heart set on it :)
and well done for doing what you want too :)
xxx
Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  19:26:27  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cheers peeps 4 he advice and encouragement.................errrr.........started me trainig tonight...............taken it sloooow

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  21:39:47  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is this site any help?

http://www.armyfit.mod.uk/

Just remember to ease yourself gently into training. If you go to fast too quick you'll hurt yourself. Stick at it and you'll get there .

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  21:47:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha PW like me when i started boxing, went flat out on the bag and tore most of the ligaments in my right arm.

Getting your body prepped for training is the best way, as i found out. I'd like to join the army only for the fitness aspect would be a great experience. Aparantly, you need the fitness level of an olympic athlete to be a Navy Commando.

Good luck!!!
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2009 :  22:57:15  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Navy Commando

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Royal Marine Commando Hillzi

...and yes I know how hard it is because I very nearly was one until I bugge fuc hurt my knee the first time. A certain degree of bloody minded determination also helps

Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  01:58:41  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Paulusworm thanks yes it does help alot. think ill start that on a propa weekely basis from monday but as for now keep ro my ownfitness regime till i cvan start a full week on there 1. thanks a bunch :):):P
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  16:58:23  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dibzy-Time

Paulusworm thanks yes it does help alot. think ill start that on a propa weekely basis from monday but as for now keep ro my ownfitness regime till i cvan start a full week on there 1. thanks a bunch :):):P

No probs mate

Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2009 :  19:43:23  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wiked.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000