hi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  21:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi i have 2 adult corns 3 babies and a boa and i only bought my first 3 months ago

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  22:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome to the forum
have a read of the care sheet - might find some useful info on there
look forwards to the piccies!!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  23:06:07  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums , be sure to upload some pictures.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  02:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Snakecharmer! You have found a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how much snake info you already know but would suggest the following (sorry if it is repeating knowledge you already have but better to be safe than sorry!)

1. Hopefully you will already know the one week rule - leaving the snakes to get over the stress of their move and settle into their new surroundings by leaving them without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way they gets used to your smell.

2. As suggested, make sure you read the care sheet on here, (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm) lots of information for new snake owners. Also helpful is this topic http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133.

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got as much info on your snakes when you bought them....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

5. As already mentioned - pic are appreciated, in fact it is an unwritten forum rule!

5 corns and a boa in just 3 months?! I dont think I need to warn you that snake keeping is addictive, you are already well down that path! The majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns/kings/lizards........!"

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 13/11/2009 02:23:27
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  13:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome! Can't wait to see some piccies!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2009 :  00:50:10  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
WOW! Someone who is addicted before they come to the forum, lol.

Welcome.

Mick

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  12:23:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
belated heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  16:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome.I will get some photos on asap when i get a new camera.I have 2 male adults called cairo and caramel Caramel is a pink snow i dont know what cairo is. I have a female amel who is 6 months and called juno i also have 2 males merlin who is a pewter and mylo who is a blood red they are both 5 months and last but not least i have a boa called topaz who is around 9 months old.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2009 :  19:47:33  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000